Cloth Diapering
Options

Should I sell these?

I'm uncertain about the ethical issue of selling CD's with damage.

So I have 6 BG organic all in ones that are so frayed. The PUL is in fine shape but the fabric just hasn't held up well with 3+ years of wear and 2 kids. They work fine and don't leak. I'm no longer using them because myDD2 always seems to get a rash after using them.  If I sold them on Craigslist it would be cheap. I feel like selling these is probably okay.

Next, I have about 6 BG 3.0 that the PUL leaks when they get really wet. DD2 has a massive bladder so when she finally goes, she soaks her inserts (we use both the normal and the newborn at the same time.)  These 6 diapers just can't hold up to her bladder and even up leaking immediately. You can actually see where the PUL is saturated and it's coming through. It's not leaking around the legs. I think the PUL got stretched out with DD1. These 6 diapers were used exclusively for overnight diapers and were double stuffed with a hemp and microfiber insert. Like I said, I think the double stuffing stretched and compromised the PUL.

So would it be unethical to sell these diapers, say on craigslist for cheap. Or should they just meet their end of the road. OR if anyone has an idea how to save the 3.0s I would appreciate that.   

Eleanor 1/8/10 Harriet 1/19/12 Margaret 10/31/2013

Re: Should I sell these?

• Options
    I think it's fine so long as you're honest and upfront about their condition.
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

BG Organics are known for the inner fabric to get holes.  People still buy them this way because they are still functioning, they just look bad. 

Have you tried a different inserts in your 3.0s?  We don't use the microfiber because my sons both leak using it. We use Thirsties hemp prefolds and we rarely have a leak. 

Turn your 3.0 diapers inside out and stretch them.  You'll know if the PUL is shot that way, you'll see cracks in it.     

Just be honest in your listing!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageGilene2011:

BG Organics are known for the inner fabric to get holes.  People still buy them this way because they are still functioning, they just look bad. 

Have you tried a different inserts in your 3.0s?  We don't use the microfiber because my sons both leak using it. We use Thirsties hemp prefolds and we rarely have a leak. 

Turn your 3.0 diapers inside out and stretch them.  You'll know if the PUL is shot that way, you'll see cracks in it.     

Just be honest in your listing!

Thanks! This is what I was looking for.

Eleanor 1/8/10 Harriet 1/19/12 Margaret 10/31/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"