One & Done: Only child
Options

Another Intro

Hi everyone, I've been lurking here for a few weeks and decided to jump in...hope that's ok. :)  I have a 2 y/o DS and DH and I are OAD for many reasons (financial, the amount of attention we have to spread around as two full-time working parents, our ages with me being 38 and DH 42, DH is an only and always only wanted 1, etc.) And the fact that I might very well kill myself if I had to go through the newborn/baby stage again.) ;)

Everyone tells us that we should have another and that now is the time (since our DS is 2 now), so it's good to read everyone's experiences for emotional reinforcement. :) I saw a post (last week I think?) about reasons other people give you for why you should have another child...I think my most ridiculous one was my cousin who told me that "your son is so great, you have to have another!" I won't even start in on the non-logic of that statement, lol.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Another Intro

• Options
    Hello! Welcome!
  • Options
    imageturnthepaige:

Hi everyone, I've been lurking here for a few weeks and decided to jump in...hope that's ok. :)  I have a 2 y/o DS and DH and I are OAD for many reasons (financial, the amount of attention we have to spread around as two full-time working parents, our ages with me being 38 and DH 42, DH is an only and always only wanted 1, etc.) And the fact that I might very well kill myself if I had to go through the newborn/baby stage again.) ;)

Everyone tells us that we should have another and that now is the time (since our DS is 2 now), so it's good to read everyone's experiences for emotional reinforcement. :) I saw a post (last week I think?) about reasons other people give you for why you should have another child...I think my most ridiculous one was my cousin who told me that "your son is so great, you have to have another!" I won't even start in on the non-logic of that statement, lol.

Welcome!  

I could have written this exact bolded statement above.  My son is a really easy going baby/toddler, and he pretty much always has been.  That is one of the reasons I love him, but it is also one of the reasons I only want him.  I realize I got "lucky", and I am pretty sure I could not handle another child especially if he/she was not this easy!  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    KL777KL777 member
    Welcome!  I have received a ridiculous reason as well "He is so cute, it would be a sin for you not to have another one", LOL!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    Hello! I also was told to have another (33 weeks w. my first now) because we are going to "make beautiful babies". I am set on one bc of my career and hubby's career. I think everyone needs to make the best decision for their own family :)
    Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"