Multiples
Options

twin growth difference.. Concerned

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: twin growth difference.. Concerned

• Options
    I had my last growth scan last week when I was 33w5d. Baby A had been bigger on the previous scan but there was a bigger difference in percentiles last week. Baby A stayed in the 95th percentile but Baby B dropped from 85th percentile to 65th percentile. The U/S tech at MFM seemed a little concerned but my OB is not. She said there can be a 10 percentile variance between techs and as long as the Doppler showed good blood flow to both babies she was not concerned. Remember the weights are estimates. The U/S tech said they could go a 1/2 pound up or down so if your LOs are estimated at 1 lb difference, they really could be the same size. I know it's easier said than done but try not to be too concerned. I don't think it calls for a second opinion if you've trusted your dr on everything else.

6 year old daughter

Fraternal boys born on May 11, 2013 at 36 weeks 4 days

• Options

By 30wks, Baby Boy was in the 75th percentile for weight and baby girl was in the 25th. At birth (36wks 1 day), he weighed 6lbs 9.4 oz and she weighed 4lbs 15.7oz. I was on bedrest, but my OB wasn't too concerned b/c there was no IUGR....he's just a big boy.

He still is. At their 12 mo ck up, he was 78th for weight (almost 5lbs bigger than her now), 83rd for length. She's now 39th for weight, 45th for length.

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had the same thing happen and I am nervous but waiting to see the doctor tomorrow.  I had a growth ultrasound last week and Baby A weighed 5 lns 15 oz and baby b weighed 4 lbs 15 oz.  A month ago they were 3 oz apart.  The doctor I saw last week wasn't concerned because they are in the 95 and 80th percentiles.  Hoping this doctor feels the same.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I received similar news at my 24 week growth scan this morning. I'm having di/di boy/girl twins. There is an 18% differential between the two and our girl's femur is measuring small. I'm being sent to the MFM clinic for another growth scan in 2 weeks. My OB said not to worry, but of course I have been worrying today. 
  • Options
    My girls were always close and they were di/di. Towards the end at my 33 week scan baby A was 5 3and B was 4 10. They didn't seem that concerned because fluid great. I didn't make it to my last scan because girls were born. A was 6 3 and B 4 10. So she hadn't grown at all or like my husband and I said with those scans they say give or take 8 oz so she was always on the small end while her sister was on the higher end. No NICU and she has doubled her weight since then and she is 3 months old. I am sure everything will be fine from my experience if there is a problem they will tell you they don't mess around with twins. Good luck
  • Options
    I'd try to wait for the next u/s. One could be estimated down a 1/2 lb and the other up 1/2 lb. We had some weeks they were the same and other weeks where one was behind the other which took turns. If you can't shake the bad feeling after a few days ask to move up your u/s appt.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"