November 2012 Moms

The end of a friendship

I think I've posted here a couple of times about a friendship I've been struggling with. Basically, my current friends are the girls I started with at my first job. One of them has more ir less ignored us for almost 2 years. I used to be closest with her, but she doesn't really even return a text message these days. Things have been coming to a head over the last month or so and I decided I really need some closure with her. I've been letting her lack of consideration... intentional or otherwise... hurt me for too long. I just typed up a message, and I'm going to sleep on it before I send it. I tried to not be accusatory or angry; I really just wanted to say how I felt, that I would no longer be trying to maintain a unilateral friendship, and that I will still always be here for her.

I've never really had a friendship just... end. Sure, a few have fizzled out, but this just feels weird. It's so not a fizzle.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: The end of a friendship

• I have a very similar situation with a friend of mine from high school. I've talked to her over and over about the constant lack of consideration on her part and nothing ever changes. I've tried for so long to get us back to the close friendship we once had but I don't know how much longer I can try. Like you said, I've never had a friendship just end. . .
  • I feel I have a friend who I just instantly have a defensive wall up against, it's not a fun feeling. I prefer a fizzle since I am a huge wuss when it comes to confrontation. I think it's a good idea however to express how we you are feeling. I don't think it's done enough these days and if we aren't going to stick up for ourselves who will?
  • Loading the player...
  • It sucks to have to say goodbye to friendships that once were such a great and important part of your life.

When I had baby K, me and the BD decided not to post anything on FB until we got home and settled in with the new budle of joy. Well after the second day of being in the hospital I got a message from one of my friends that my very best friend posted a picture of Baby K and announced it on FB. I was livid. I didn't immediately call/text her. On the 3rd day when I was release from the hospital I texted her and said, "Dang! You couldn't let me make my own birth announcement?" She never responded. It's been 5 months now and I still haven't talk to her. It's really sad b/c this was my very best friend from high school.

Now that I'm moving back to Minnesota I'm wondering if she will try to reach out to me and how I will react. Just wondering if its something worth trying to hold on to.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"