April 2013 Moms

Mom fail!!!

Omg I had the worst mom fail so far in my 2 yrs. I was up most of last night with LO2 bc all he wanted to do was cuddle. Our 2 yr old was moved this weekend to her biggirl bed so nap time is more quiet time, lay her down but she gets up and plays.... so

Yesterday at nap time I put LO1 down. LO2 and I go relax in recliner. The baby monitor is going dead and im doing that turn on and it shuts off just to get a glimps of LO1. About 30 min into our 1 hr quiet time it gets quiet!!! I glance at monitor again and see bunch of blankets on bed and assume she is in them. Its so hard to tell. We live in a small ranch so her bedroom is very close to me.... no crying so I relax more and doze off.

I had a mtg at 6 for work so my sis showed at 5 to watch LO1. LO2 was going with me. At 5 I went to get LO1 up and when I opened her door she wasnt there???? but she never came out. I open the closet which is packed with toys. She had went in and shut the door on herself. She was crouched down in a tiny space just big enough to stand in. I dont know if she had fallen asleep or her legs had given out and were asleep but she just toppled over and started crying my legs mom my legs hurt. I grabbed her and got her to her bed rubbing her legs. Poor thing... she wasnt in there more then 20 min and I never heard her cry.... Def not getting my mom of the year award!!! Needless to say I will make sure the closet is ALWAYS shut!!!!
2nd EDD 02/01/13 - MC 5 1/2 weeks 6/5/12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Mom fail!!!

• Hey with a little newborn how can you not doze off. Don't be too hard on yourself! I only have one and I feel like I'm walking on eggshells!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"