VBAC

I hate asking questions, but...

Are OB's comfortable with performing/recommending external versions on momma-to-be's that have had previous CS? Or is it too much to be hopeful for?

I am 31 weeks; won't be referred to an OB for another 3 weeks; and LO2 has been breech for a little too long IMO. LO1 was a CS due to frank-breech and low AF so an external wasn't an option then.

"What are you having?" "Well the radiologist says its a healthy little human baby. I'm a little disappointed, because I really wanted a puppy." LOL

Re: I hate asking questions, but...

• Some links I read a few weeks ago didn't give a contraindication for a ECV on a VBAC, but it does seem like many OBs will not do it.

Have you considered or tried webster chiropractic?  Spinning babies etc. You may have tried all that with your first, go for it again even if it didn't work. It's a different pregnancy. There could be something with your pelvic ligament structure that may be conducive to a breech baby...but those things, with some body work like chiro or other things, can change your alignment. Any idea whether the cord is short? Any idea in your first for why he was breech (sometimes it can be known, sometimes not)?

• My ob said he wouldn't do one, and he is very pro vbac, and doesn't give a lot of restrictions.  

Like pp said, try spinning babies or a chiropractor.

and, my dd turned breech at 38.5 weeks, so that is proof to me that it is never too late for them to flip. 

• Loading the player...
  • imageMolly&:
    My OB told me the success rates of acupuncture and the Webster technique rival those of an ECV. GL!

That's really interesting to me that an OB would say that! I'm glad he/she sees the value of it. 

• Just curious, for those whose OB would not, what was reasoning?   Was the no EVC policy VBAC specific or did they just not do them at all?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just a side note. I found out that my LO was breech at 40 wks. My OB admitted me and tried to do the version. I carried very small and we weren't able to get her past my rib cage. My point is that knowing what it feels like and the amount of pressure involved I can understand why OBs would want to avoid it. I am sure anyone else who had one would say the same. You uterus is already under a great deal of strain at that point in pregnancy. Hope this helped.
  • My OB's office will not perform a version if you've had a previous c/s. DD was breach, though, and my chiro got her to flip with one Webster's session, so don't lose hope! There are other ways to get baby to turn!
  • Both OBs I interviewed with when choosing a provider for my VBAC said they will do versions on prior C/S moms, so there are some who will do it.
  • I had an ECV with my son after csection at exactly 37 weeks and it was successful. It hurt but it didnt last long.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"