TTC after 35
Options

TTC @ 35 - Any advice is welcome

I am 35 Hubby is 36 and we are TTC our second child. First child is 16. Been on BC since she was born. Just stopped BC and Started Prenatal vitamins Feb 2013. Started tracking ovulation with ovulation calendar and tests March 2013. Ovulation test negative. Monitoring caffine intake and eating more fruits and veggies. My plans for may 2013 is to start exercise routine to lose 30 lbs and stop smoking.

Any advice is appreciated. I am looking forward to being a mommy, again. 

February 2013...Started TTC...March - No success...April - Impatiently waiting....

Re: TTC @ 35 - Any advice is welcome

• Options
    Sounds like you have a great plan! Best of luck with the smoking, I can appreciate how hard that can be hypnotherapy could be helpful.
    When you say tracking ovulation are tracking your basal body temp? And cm, those are the best way to track and use ill's.
    Best of luck to you!

Oh, you cycle might still be wonky for a few more cycles ad your body adjusts from bcp.

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Options
    imageHeathernSteven:
    Sounds like you have a great plan! Best of luck with the smoking, I can appreciate how hard that can be hypnotherapy could be helpful.
    When you say tracking ovulation are tracking your basal body temp? And cm, those are the best way to track and use ill's.
    Best of luck to you!

Oh, you cycle might still be wonky for a few more cycles ad your body adjusts from bcp.

This is what I am doing. I am 39 hubby is 41. We are TTC our first. MC in feb.

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Biggest piece of advice: check out Fertility Friend. It has fantastic tutorials and you will learn a lot about how your body works and how to temp, chart, etc. 

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options

imagegscoville:
    Biggest piece of advice: check out Fertility Friend. It has fantastic tutorials and you will learn a lot about how your body works and how to temp, chart, etc. 

this is what I recommend as well!

***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options

I was on BCP for 20 yrs & went off it a year ago to start our TTC journey.  Luckily my cycle seemed to act normal - 28-29 days long.  Usually ppl experience wonky cycles for a while, I think I got very lucky. 

FF is a very useful site.  I also like the book "Taking Control of my Fertility".  BBT is important & always take it at the same time of the day, including the weekends - which may mean setting an alarm & taking your temp and then going back to sleep.  Make sure you don't get out of bed to take it, just reach over, grab the thermometer & take your temp after your alarm goes off.  Once that is done you can move around like you normally would in the morning.  I have FF on my smart phone - so I stick thermometer in my mouth & while it is processing I bring up FF on my phone to enter the temp right then.  I go back later on if I notice an CM and add it to the site.

GL - it is very interesting to learn how our bodies work.  It is way more in depth then what we learned in school...

If you are having no luck after 5 mths, I would get a referral (if needed) for an RE and call that RE and get in to see the RE on your 6th month of TTC.  Most REs have a 1-2 mth wait for an initial appt (at least in my area NJ).  Most insurance companies will cover infertility testing after 6mths of TTC after you turn 35. 

GL.  I hope your stay here is short & sweet.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"