3rd Trimester
Options

maternity Clothes and the challenge of buying them!!

im 26 weeks and have completely out grown everything I own, I cant afford new one! Does anyone know of a online store that sells them dirt cheap or lends them out for a short time

Manda-lynn

Re: maternity Clothes and the challenge of buying them!!

• Options

Even your tops? I am 33 weeks and still wearing many of my regular tops (showing the bump of course). Have you tried getting a Bella Band or one of the cheaper knockoffs you can get at Target and Walmart? Those will extend the use of your pants.

I would say check out Old Navy and get 1 pair of maternity jeans at least that you can wear. Or check out Craigslist.,. people sell maternity clothes on there. It is getting warmer out so maybe some dresses in the back of your closet might fit.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Perfect time to check the yard sales.  People often list the items they are selling at yard sales on Craig's List...so you can decide which ones are worth your time.  Also, my friends gave me a ton of stuff. Check with mom friends of yours.

Not everything has to be "maternity".  Check Ross or Marshalls for empire waist shirts that are long enough to cover the bump.  That is a very fashionable look right now and non-maternity is always cheaper than maternity.  Good luck!

TTC since August 2011 (Me-29, DH-32).
    4/28/2012 - SA: 5% motility.
    5/21/2012 - SA: same results.
    Only shot is IVF (ICSI)
    5/31/2012 - HSG: all clear
    6/22/2012 - appt with RE, confirmed ICSI is necessary.
    8/3/2012 - First IVF Monitoring Appointment
    8/17/2012 - Egg Retrieval (retrieved 23 eggs, 3 made it to freezer)
    8/18/2012 - OHSS - hospitalized, need to wait one cycle to transfer embryo(s) due to OHSS
    8/29/2012 - begin meds for frozen cycle
    10/12/2012 - FET one embryo
    10/24/2012 - Beta #1: 442
    10/26/2012 - Beta #2: 947
    10/29/2012 - Beta #3: 2900!
    11/15/2012 - first u/s: baby measuring perfect, heart rate is right on target
    2/6/2013 - A/S looked perfect. Still team green by choice!
    7/6/2013 - Baby girl born after 44 hours of un-medicated labor, 2 hours of pushing, and emergency c-section due to transverse head.  DD was perfectly healthy at 6 pounds, 14 ounces.  We are thrilled!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If you watch gap.com and oldnavy.com you can get some good stuff on sales - frequently they put things on 40% off.  I got some jeans for less than $20 that were really great quality that way and a couple maxi dresses for under $15.  

Sometimes Destination Maternity has decent 2 for 1 deals on basic tops (although everything else is super pricey). 

• Options

Try thrift stores.  I am 37 weeks with twins (measuring over 52 weeks).  I outgrew most of my maternity clothes by 32-33 weeks. Instead of dishing out hundreds of dollars on more maternity clothes, I hunted through the thrift stores in my area and bought a whole new wardrobe for less than the cost of 1 pair of new maternity jeans.  Don't just look at the maternity clothes there either.  Try looking for regular clothes with a lot of stretch, extra long tops, empire waists, etc... in the regular section as well.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yard sales, consignment sales, consignment shops.  The last 2 kids/mom consignment sales I went to I didn't pay more than $5 each for jeans, capris, and shorts and no more than $2 or $3 per shirt.  And almost everything looked brand new.  One of my friends had great luck with Goodwill but I don't have the patience to dig and not know if I'll find anything.  I bought some t shirts from Burlington Coat Factory.  They're kind of thin but great for layering.  They were $5.  Craigslist is another good place to check.  I know on my local ones right now there are a ton of listings.

I make a point to be extremely careful with my clothes so that at the end of my pregnancy I can resell them.  I may not break even, but I can come close. 

• Options
    Old Navy has a ton of online coupons. They have great yoga pants and I have lived in their hoodies for almost the entire pregnancy. I also bought some Walmart mens t-shirts and shorts to use as pjs at the hospital (Loose to not touch the c-section incision). They also have maternity clothes.
    Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know if you're looking for dress clothes or more casual, but last week I bought a bunch of size XL shorts at Walmart for super cheap - some were $4, some were about $6 - the waistband is really stretchy so it'll work great for now.  And they also have some cute dresses for like $9.  This is stuff I could wear now & definitely after I have DD this summer - since my regular summer clothes will not fit until next year probably!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"