BG AIO Newborn Question — The Bump
Cloth Diapering

BG AIO Newborn Question

I bought 4 BG AIO newborn diapers used from someone (actually just washed once and never used).  These were marked as XS.  I ordered 1 BG AIO newborn from the cottonbabies seconds sale.  This one was marked as S and has a pocket.  Both types will work and I think I kinda like the XS better, but what's the deal?  Is one an older style?  Which is the "current" BG AIO newborn?
2 year TTC journey with successful IVF in Nov 2012- B/G Twins!
Baby Boy diagnosed with omphalocele and diaphragmatic hernia
Born at 32 weeks due to PROM.  Emergency c-section due to prolapsed cord.
Said Goodbye to our sweet Bennett after 5 short hours.  
Spent 35 days in the NICU with our little girl.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: BG AIO Newborn Question

• I believe the xs is the actual newborn size...that's what I got both times I ordered NB BGs, including the one I got from the seconds sale. I have a couple of smalls also, but those are just now barely fitting with some twisting at 5 weeks, so that's definitely not the newborn size. Are they clearly different sizes if you compare them?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• image cdale86:
    I bought 4 BG AIO newborn diapers used from someone actually just washed once and never used. nbsp;These were marked as XS. nbsp;I ordered 1 BG AIO newborn from the cottonbabies seconds sale. nbsp;This one was marked as S and has a pocket. nbsp;Both types will work and I think I kinda like the XS better, but what's the deal? nbsp;Is one an older style? nbsp;Which is the "current" BG AIO newborn?

Maybe that's why it was a second? Because it was marked wrong? Just a guess.
    *~m/c on 6/5/09 @ 7w2d~* *~m/c on 8/20/12 @ 6w5d~*

[IMG]http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p492/ktrue85/Due%20in%20June/Sunshine_zps3fcf529f.jpg[/IMG]
  • image Ilovebeingamom:
    image cdale86:
    I bought 4 BG AIO newborn diapers used from someone actually just washed once and never used. nbsp;These were marked as XS. nbsp;I ordered 1 BG AIO newborn from the cottonbabies seconds sale. nbsp;This one was marked as S and has a pocket. nbsp;Both types will work and I think I kinda like the XS better, but what's the deal? nbsp;Is one an older style? nbsp;Which is the "current" BG AIO newborn?

Maybe that's why it was a second? Because it was marked wrong? Just a guess.

That's kind of what I was thinking...if the small is the size of an xs, that might be why they're seconds.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Just an FYI, the BG newborn xs did not work well for me at all!  Worst diaper purchase I ever made.  They fit just fine, but my son outgrew the absorbency by 2 weeks old.
  • They are clearly different sizes when I compare them.  My sales receipt also states- SECONDS: bumGenius Newborn Cloth Diapers Hook&Loop

ETA:  It is no way a newborn diaper.  I compared it to my one size BG 4.0 and it's actually larger than that one on the smallest rise setting.   Super frustrating!

2 year TTC journey with successful IVF in Nov 2012- B/G Twins!
    Baby Boy diagnosed with omphalocele and diaphragmatic hernia
    Born at 32 weeks due to PROM.  Emergency c-section due to prolapsed cord.
    Said Goodbye to our sweet Bennett after 5 short hours.  
    Spent 35 days in the NICU with our little girl.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Shoot I wish that would happen to me! I love my size small BG AIO'S. They don't fit NB's but they fit pretty early on and I love the pocket for added absorbency. I don't think they sell them anymore. The ones I have are only going to make it through maybe one more kid. I'll trade ya ;
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought a newborn AIO from the seconds sale too - mine is marked XS and does not have a pocket.  It is also visibly smaller than the 4.0 I bought, even when it's snapped all the way down.  Maybe try giving them a call to let them know they messed up your order?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards