3rd Trimester
Options

Switching Doctors... How Long to Get Impatient?

Long story short, my husband and I are moving from CA to MN in about 4 weeks (or less).  I have decided which hospital I want to birth at and called the clinic to get an appointment with a doctor set-up in advance of us showing up.  I figured it would be good to call and get that set-up now rather than wait until we are there and risk not finding anyone who is available.

So I called and was transferred to the nurse for one of the doctors at the clinic and left a message... four hours ago.  I haven't gotten a call back yet.  I figure they are probably busy, but how long would you wait before you call and just ask for a different doctor?  I pretty much just let the receptionist decide which doctor to transfer me to who was there today so I'm not attached to this doctor at all.  Would Wednesday not be giving this doctor enough time to call me back or reasonable to assume that between Monday morning and Wednesday afternoon they should have had at least a moment to call and say yes or no to taking me on as a new patient.

Oh!  I should also add that I'm flying in to MN next weekend to tour the hospital and meet the doctor so obviously I'd like to have one selected before that happens.  So there is a big tighter of a timeline than 4 weeks.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

Re: Switching Doctors... How Long to Get Impatient?

• Options
    And I'm in Minneapolis. Fairview Riverside and previously Fairview Uptown. I always get my appointments scheduled while on the phone never have to wait. PM me if I can help at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks guys!  I WISH I could deliver in the cities but I'm further north than that and the cities are... well... just a few hours too many away for me.  :) 

Anyway, when I posted this the clinic had already closed so I gave up for the day, but they actually called me back an hour after closing!  I guess I'll take that as a good sign.  I was at work when I got the call so I couldn't answer but I'll call back tomorrow.  I actually had to talk to the doctor directly to see if she'd be willing to take me as a client and didn't already have too much on her plate.  I'm coming in at 32 weeks which I know can be an issue for some doctors.  Luckily they have a spot for me with this one!  Yay!  And the nurse has the most adorable Minnesotan accent to boot.  Made me a little homesick to hear and glad that I'm getting to come back!

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah I'm moving to a new city when I'm 36 weeks so I went ahead and switched at 31 weeks last week. When I called to make my new patient appt the scheduler had to clear it with the drs since I was so far along. They have to take into consideration how much trouble or complicated your case is. Luckily I am low risk with no problems so she called me back later that day to say they would take me on. Good luck with your move!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"