Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Enfamil Gentlease users

We recently switched formula from Similac to Enfamil Gentlease because our six week old was experiencing lots of gas and spitting up. So far, the Enfamil has proven to be a better fit for his little tummy. Here comes the TMI part... his poop has become a dark greenish color and mushy. Anyone else that uses it have this same experience? Dr. Google tells me not to be concerned but of course I am. Just wanted to see some responses before calling the pedi. My gut feeling is that it's the change in formula causing it. TIA.

Re: Enfamil Gentlease users

• Options
    When we started Gentlease we had the same issue, but now LO has been on it since he was 2 weeks and he is 10 weeks now, and it has gotten much better. I think as his digestive system got more mature he began to tolerate it much better. I did call me ped when it first started because it automatically alarmed me, but she seemed OK with it and I am glad we stuck with it because even though it took awhile for him to get used to it, he is SO much better now. Hope that helps a little!!
  • Options
    imageeddy92482:
    When we started Gentlease we had the same issue, but now LO has been on it since he was 2 weeks and he is 10 weeks now, and it has gotten much better. I think as his digestive system got more mature he began to tolerate it much better. I did call me ped when it first started because it automatically alarmed me, but she seemed OK with it and I am glad we stuck with it because even though it took awhile for him to get used to it, he is SO much better now. Hope that helps a little!!

Cool. Thank you! Definitely helps!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had the same thing going from one to another dr said it was fine..sometimes its dark green sometimes light green sometimes yellow brown
  • Options
    khazekhaze member
    We put LO on gentlease when he was a few days old so I can't remember if there was a change in poop when we switched but that sounds like what his looks like.

Declan 2.21.2013
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 6.22.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    that's normal- no need to call.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"