High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD and low numbers after breakfast

I have been having difficulty keeping my blood sugar up after breakfast. I am getting anywhere between 46 to 70's. My fasting are within range, 75 to 85 and my 2 hour after lunch dinner are typically in the 70's.

I also work out in the morning. I have tried everything the nutritionist suggested, adding carbs, fat, and protein but I typically feel 45 to an hour after breakfast that my numbers are dropping. I can rarely make it to the 2 hour mark without eating more carbs.

Is anyone else having this problem? I feel like most of the morning until after lunch I am trying to keep my sugars up instead of down and it is making me feel awful. Before my GD, I always snacked a lot in the am to prevent feeling hypoglycemic.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic BFP#2 6/29/12 - M/C 7/23/12. BFP#3 10/26/2012 - EDD 7/09/2012 - U/S 11/20 with HB of 156, U/S 11/27 with HB 180!

Re: GD and low numbers after breakfast

• Options
    I don't have GD, but I am a type 1 diabetic. How long is your workout? Exercise lowers blood sugar- you may be better off doing your workout at a time when your levels are a little higher. 70 is ok, but 40's is really low. Good luck!

Lilypie - (yNYF)

Lilypie - (bSes)

T1 diabetes diagnosed 11/95 due to severe pancreatic injury
    BFP 1 1/22/10 EDD 9/30/10 Adria b. 9/11/10 d.8/9/11, Transposition of the Great Arteries,
    Pleural effusion, Kidney Failure
    BFP 2 4/26/12 EDD 1/3/13 M/C 5/13/12
    BFP 3 10/3/12 EDD 6/17/13 Twins! Preston and Juliet b. 5/22/13

• Options

When and how long are you working out? 

The GD counselor I am seeing only wants me to exercise 30 minutes a day, they suggest walking or swimming.

So far, the best time I have found is right after dinner (it is when I feel the best).

They also said that blood sugars in the AM are the hardest to control.

What  are you eating for Breakfast?

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses. I do 30 minutes on the elliptical 5 days a week. But I also have this problem the 2 days I don't work out, which is due to my work schedule.

Switching my work out time makes sense, but I have major stomach issues and I do best in the morning when I have very little in my stomach. And I don't want to stop working out.

I may see if my OB will allow me to do a 1 hour check in morning instead of two. And I have been trying everything for breakfast eggs, cereal, pb with toast, Greek yogurt and adding protein to everything. I increased my carbs and that helps with not dropping as much, but I typically still feel shaky when my number is only 70.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic BFP#2 6/29/12 - M/C 7/23/12. BFP#3 10/26/2012 - EDD 7/09/2012 - U/S 11/20 with HB of 156, U/S 11/27 with HB 180!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"