Natural Birth

My super fast natural birth

I went to my 40 week midwife appointment early Friday morning. I was getting discouraged because of all the false labor I had been having for weeks and knowing that my first was born at 38 weeks. I asked her to check me for the first time and she offered to strip my membranes while she was at it. I said I was open to it and she told me I was at 3cm.
I felt nothing for the rest of the day. No bleeding or cramping like she told me to expect.
DH and I went to bed at 10 that night.

Midnight, I woke up to a slight trickling down my leg. I stood up to go to the bathroom and my water broke with a huge gush. I ran the rest if the way while saying "Sh!t sh!t sh!t" I called to my husband to get me a towel and new under ware. I messaged my friend who was going to watch DS for us to wake her up. I told her contractions hadn't started yet, but that we would be dropping DS off soon.
DH asked me if he could go back to bed cause "that doesn't mean you're in labor right now right?" I looked at him with water running down my leg and told him to go get DS ready. At that point, I felt my first pressure wave and then went to the bathroom.

I called the on call midwife, she said to meet her at the hospital because we were an hour away, to head out now. Pressure waves were timable at 3 minutes apart, but not very strong.

Walking to the van I had a pressure wave bring me to my knees. I messaged my friend and asked her to meet us somewhere on the way instead ofus bringing DS to her.

I turned on my hypnobabies Early First Stage when I got into the van. It really helped me relax into the pressure waves and not stress out about the drive. 45 minutes later, DS was dropped off and we were 20 minutes from the hospital.

Got to the hospital and they wheeled me to triage. At that point I stopped listening to my CD to talk to the midwife instead. I was told to change into the robe, everyone left and I told DH I couldn't change. I ran to the sink to throw up instead. I knew this was a sign of transition and I yelled to get the midwife. Pressure waves were on top of one another. I was puking when the midwife came back and she pulled my bottoms off and helped me to the bed. She was able to check me and said I was a 7. She started fighting the nurses off of me telling them we didn't have time to do the monitoring or IV.
She said we need a room now! I was on my hands and knees, kind of hanging onto the head board. I didn't really realize it, but my "ahhhhhh" sounds had turned into a "ahhhhhhgrrrrrr" as I started to give a little push at the end.

They wheeled me to the room, I was able to get into the other bed and I said I was going to poop myself. Cassandra said "no you're not, your going to have a baby" I said "I have to push now!" And she told me to do whatever my body told me to and asked me to lay on my side. The nurses were still trying to get a monitor on me and somehow they did manage a heplock.

I was giving little tiny pushes because I was scared if tearing. Cassandra told me I needed to get serious and I remember telling her "No, I don't want to do this!" She reminded me that I WAS doing it. At that point my body took over. I rolled myself onto my back, threw my leg at a nurse to hold and I bore down. 2 or 3 pushes and I was holding my sweet baby boy Rhys.

7.11 pounds and 21" long. Rhys Christopher was born at 3:03am. Just 3 hours after my water breaking and only 20 minutes after getting to the hospital.

Sorry its so long. And posting from my phone.

Re: My super fast natural birth

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"