Breastfeeding

Increase my supply

So fenugreek gives E really bad gas :( is there anything else I can take to kick my production up? Im going back to work next week and I am so nervous! I only work part time so it will be something like 430pm-9:00pm give or take on mondays tuesdays thursdays and fridays. Tonight I worked and my mom said she took 3 5oz bottles! As it is, for whatever reason I can always pump like 5-6 ounces from my right and 1 from my left (she prefers left to nurse) I don't understand that but it is what it is. So I'd like to at least get my supply up so i can pump both sides to keep up. Anyone had any luck with brewers yeast in tablet form? Any suggestions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Increase my supply

• imagetheresat858:

15 ounces sounds like a lot for that time frame -- 5 hours?  Did you feed LO right before you left?  Is your mom giving bottles in a BF-friendly manner? 

Feeding more frequently on the right can help reduce the imbalance but a lot of women are that way.  

Given that the average production is 1-2 ounces/hour, it's unlikely that you'll be able to pump 15 ounces in a 5 hour time span - and doing so will cause you to have oversupply issues when you are with your LO.  I would instead make sure your mom understands other ways of soothing your baby and limits the milk a bit. (maybe 3 3 ounce bottles if she really thinks 3 bottles are necessary? But two should be plenty in that time frame). 

Lactation cookies help me but not as much as the mother's milk tea.

]

It isnt normal for my mom to give her that much. She wouldn't nurse much earlier in the day and nursed around 2 pm. and there was only 1.5 ounces left in the 3rd bottle. Last week when I left for same amount of time E only took one bottle. How is the taste of mothers milk tea? Where can I find it other than online?

• Are you sure it's the fenugreek that is giving her gas? Fenugreek is actually supposed to alleviate tummy troubles...I'm about to try Mothers Milk tea (although my LC told me that there is fenugreek in it...). Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageChristyML:
    Are you sure it's the fenugreek that is giving her gas? Fenugreek is actually supposed to alleviate tummy troubles...I'm about to try Mothers Milk tea (although my LC told me that there is fenugreek in it...). Good luck!

I've started and stopped it about 4 times since she was born and everytime I start it she gets gassy :( it really helps my supply though. That's why I am looking into brewers yeast.

• oatmeal the rolled kind you slow cook will help increase your milk supply as well as fennel seeds you can make it into a tea also drink lots of liquid 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"