Attachment Parenting

Those who have moved mattresses to the floor...

Do you leave it on its box spring? 

I have a 15 month old who is still cosleeping.  I'd love to get her sleeping more reliably long stretches, but I am beginning to think getting her to her crib is just not going to happen, and we may as well hold out to transition until she is old enough to be in a toddler bed.  Am I crazy?

In the meantime, I want to figure out a safe way to let her stay where she is.  There is really no way to put our bed up against a wall, as the one side wall has windows, and the other has our closets. 

Re: Those who have moved mattresses to the floor...

• Our bed doesn't have a box spring, and she slept in a cosleeper (no box springs there) for the first year, so no, her mattress doesn't have a box spring.  It's a memory foam mattress (our old queen mattress that we had after upgrading our bed to a king, hoping that we could bedshare more effectively) and just lays on the floor.
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We moved our mattress to the floor, no boxspring, and also moved it against a wall, just to make more floor space, really. But we also had no wall to put it against. We took the door off the closet, and put it up against the closet. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Honestly, I'd get a twin-size mattress for her to put on the floor, even if it's still in the same room as you. Even if she ends up in a toddler bed in a few months, you can have a twin mattress for a big kid bed (or just skip the toddler bed altogether). That'd be easier than taking your bed off its frame.

To answer your question, we only used the mattress. I would think it'd be fine with the box spring at her age, though. 

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"