Pregnant after IF

car seat/travel system/stroller recs

I am totally overwhelmed by the millions of options that seem to be out there for car seats and strollers.  

I think that we would like a car seat that has a base in the car, but you can take it out and carry it around, as well as snap into a stroller when the babe is still little. Is that called a "travel system."  

Are there any good websites or articles that talk in detail about the different options?  The registry thing is overwhelming me, and i haven't even started yet! 

Me: 35, DH: 34, Started TTC #1 since November '11
Several Clomid/Femara rounds, then fresh IVF September '12
Fresh IVF #1: chemical pregnancy, FET #1: ectopic, methotrexate
FET #2 resulted in our amazing baby boy Levi, born on 11/3/13 at 8 lbs, 5 oz. He is our everything!
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image   image

Re: car seat/travel system/stroller recs

• The book Baby Bargains is a good starting place.

We did the Graco Click Connect 40 carr seat with a jogging stroller

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kegkeg member
    I've just gone with an infant seat/base and then some version of a snap n go frame instead of a full stroller that accepts a carseat.  Once you get a sense of how you use a stroller/what you need, then get a "real" stroller.  There tend to be better options than what comes with a travel system.  Also, you can get used snap n go frames from a consignment sale/store or CL relatively cheap.  Because they aren't used for long, they are generally in good shape.
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Loading the player...
  • Travel systems are pretty notorious for being big and bulky so you may just want the infant seat and snap and go, depending on what you are using them for.  I have the Britax B-safe infant seat and the B-ready stroller.  It is a more expensive stroller and seat (they come separately) but has amazing reviews and is so easy to use.  The stroller is big, but I wanted something that would be good for long walks and also had the option of a second seat if we have another baby.  The carseat snaps in really easily and there are a lot of accessories available.  Britax also offers a registry rewards program where you get a free convertible carseat if you purchase (or someone else purchases) several of their products.
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011; DX: MFI
    IVF #1 in August 2012: BFP!
    L was born on May 5, 2013, 8lb. 6oz.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!

Our Project Make A Baby

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekeg:
    I've just gone with an infant seat/base and then some version of a snap n go frame instead of a full stroller that accepts a carseat.  Once you get a sense of how you use a stroller/what you need, then get a "real" stroller.  There tend to be better options than what comes with a travel system.  Also, you can get used snap n go frames from a consignment sale/store or CL relatively cheap.  Because they aren't used for long, they are generally in good shape.

THIS!

The snap and go has been our FAVORITE stroller!  I wouldn't want that HUGE "travel system"  especially after a c/s; i would never have used it.

We got the cheap umbrella stroller and a baby trend jogger stroller (get one that the front wheel can be fixed or unlocked). Also, my fav stroller that a friend has but we never bought it was the blink britax stroller (they have a newer model now I think).  That thing is lightweight, semi small and steers great!  

I am stressing about a double stroller!  YIKES! Those things are HUGE! 

TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Thank you for the responses already! So is a "snap and go" system different from a "travel system"?

Me: 35, DH: 34, Started TTC #1 since November '11
    Several Clomid/Femara rounds, then fresh IVF September '12
    Fresh IVF #1: chemical pregnancy, FET #1: ectopic, methotrexate
    FET #2 resulted in our amazing baby boy Levi, born on 11/3/13 at 8 lbs, 5 oz. He is our everything!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image   image
  • I second the book Baby Bargains, it really goes over a lot of different things you need in detail and rates each one.

We ended up going with the Britax B-Agile travel system with the B-safe infant seat. The system itself is awesome! The car seat has a base that the infant seat snaps into, and then you can take it out, and it snaps directly into the stroller, no adapter or anything is needed. The stroller is also light weight and can be folded with one hand, which is so awesome when you may be carrying the baby in the other. Overall it was rated great by baby bargains, and its ease of use is what really turned us on to it. That and its size, most travel systems are so bulky and heavy, and this is nothing like those.

TTC #1 since 6/2010
    8 IUIs - 3 Cancelled cycles - 1 Ectopic Pregnancy with Left tube removal = A broken heart
    IVF #1 : Fall 2012
    15R - 13M - 13F w/ICSI - Transferred 2 day 5 blasts = BFP!!!
    8 Frosties!
    Beta #1: 135, Beta #2: 312, Beta #3: 996
    10/21: Saw one beautiful flickering heartbeat! EDD: 6/12/13
    ?S/PAIFW?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimageBabyFruit Ticker

• imageKdgTeacher:

The book Baby Bargains is a good starting place.

Agree!  This book is wonderful!

Me- 32, DH- 32- TTC for 4 Years
    IUIs 1-6 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP- M/C
    FET- Beta#1: 69, #2: 482, #3: 1088, #4: 28,318, Ultrasound- 1 beautiful heartbeat
    It's a boy!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Bump burp

Me- 32, DH- 32- TTC for 4 Years
    IUIs 1-6 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP- M/C
    FET- Beta#1: 69, #2: 482, #3: 1088, #4: 28,318, Ultrasound- 1 beautiful heartbeat
    It's a boy!

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagebluek210:
    Thank you for the responses already! So is a "snap and go" system different from a "travel system"?

Yes, a snap and go system is going to be lightweight and can fit most infant seats (different brands).  It will look something like this and you can get almost any infant seat you want and still use this frame

https://www.toysrus.com/buy/strollers/frame-strollers/baby-trend-snap-n-go-ex-universal-infant-car-seat-stroller-sg13105-12353532

As opposed to a full travel system that comes with both the stroller and infant seat.  With the travel system, you will be able to use still use the stroller after the baby is out of the infant seat.  With the snap and go, it is designed for use with the car seat.

Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011; DX: MFI
    IVF #1 in August 2012: BFP!
    L was born on May 5, 2013, 8lb. 6oz.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!

Our Project Make A Baby

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I also recommend Lucie's List (since it's free). https://www.lucieslist.com/

We were deciding between the SNG frame with a carseat or just getting a stroller that can also fit a carseat, not a huge travel system though. After browsing BRU, I kinda fell in love with the Britax B-Agile stroller + B-Safe carseat combo. It's not as bulky or heavy as a travel system, folds up really quickly, and suits our needs since we'll mostly be using it on paved sidewalks or in stores.

If you go with a SNG, I recommend getting it 2nd hand. I've seen several on CL, local FB garage sale groups, and in consignment shops. If I had found one before I got my heart set on the Britax combo, I would've went that route.

FYI - this is a SNG. Just a stroller frame you snap your carseat into. Another pro is it has a huge storage area underneath for groceries or shopping bags.

**PAIF/SAIF Welcome**
    TTC #1 March 2010 - Nov 2012
    Me: 29, PCOS (anov), Hashimoto's Disease // DH: 30, normal SA
    3 Clomid, 1 Clomid/Menopur, 1 Menopur w/ TI (CX 4x's due to cysts) - All BFN
    1 Clomid/Menopur, 2 Menopur, 1 Follistim w/ IUI - All BFN
    RPL & Karyotype testing normal

IUI #5 (12/1/12) --> Follistim + 1/3 hCG Trigger = BFP! EDD: 8/23/13
    Betas --> 61 (13dpo) // 156 (16 dpo) // 223 (18dpo) // 656 (21 dpo)
    U/S --> 5w0d - sac seen // 6w0d - hb detected // 7w0d - hb seen and heard, measuring 6w6d!
    8w6d - wiggly baby! // 9w3d - wiggly baby with fingers!

Baby boy born 8/24/13

imageimageimage 

My Blog: Searching for Lucky Socks

• Britax B-Safe, Chicco KeyFit 30 or Graco SnugRide 35 car seats are about universally the best three on the market - each has pros and cons but those are more personal preference and/or the car you drive.

The frame thing that you're looking at (where a baby "bucket" car seat snaps into it) is a Snap n' Go. image

Or you can get a travel system where it's an actual stroller and the car seat snaps into it, but those typically aren't the greatest strollers. The Britax B-Safe and B-Agile combo is a great one but most of the strollers are heavy/clunky or there are better options on the market. "Travel system" generally just means that you get a stroller and car seat in the same box.

There are also full sized strollers that have car seat adapters so you can pretty much click any car seat into any stroller. 

DH and I are getting a Chicco KeyFit infant bucket and a BabyJogger City Select stroller - the car seat (with an adapter) fits into the stroller if needed.

Try Lucie's List if you want more info on all the different options. She's very thorough. 

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"