Stay at Home Moms
Options

Volvo XC90?

Anyone drive one? If so, what year, and do you have a V8 or the V6? Do you like it? Do you think it has enough power (particularly if you have the V6)?

Sorry for all the car questions. Honestly, I really want the MDX, but the one we like is priced considerably higher than the Volvo. There's a certified Volvo with 19K miles on it for a screaming deal, and I'm wondering if we shouldn't just get that, instead.

Re: Volvo XC90?

• Options
    I have a 2010 XC90 with a V8. I also test drove the MDX, (along with many other cars) but I felt like there wasn't a lot of room inside the MDX. It felt much smaller than the Volvo. I tested the V6 and the V8, and I definitely felt the difference in the engine power. That's the reason I opted for the 2010 instead of a newer one, since they don't make the V8's anymore. I love my car, and it actually gets pretty good gas mileage for a V8. I've read that some people have complained about the lack of power in the V6, since its such a heavy car. LMK if you have any questions, I'm happy to answer them!
    DD 5.2009 DS 6.2011
  • Options

imageLaineybelle:
    I have a 2010 XC90 with a V8. I also test drove the MDX, (along with many other cars) but I felt like there wasn't a lot of room inside the MDX. It felt much smaller than the Volvo. I tested the V6 and the V8, and I definitely felt the difference in the engine power. That's the reason I opted for the 2010 instead of a newer one, since they don't make the V8's anymore. I love my car, and it actually gets pretty good gas mileage for a V8. I've read that some people have complained about the lack of power in the V6, since its such a heavy car. LMK if you have any questions, I'm happy to answer them!

The one we're looking at is a V6. It's a 2011, so they don't even have a V8 for that year. I just don't know...the kids started skiing this year and we'll probably be heading up to the mountains a lot in the coming winters, I'm just not sure that engine is going to be able to handle it in that large of a car. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I totally understand. We drive up to the mountains a lot, so I opted for the AWD V8. I'd try googling some reviews of the horsepower in mountain driving or maybe test driving the V6. It's a very heavy car for the size, since its a solid steel frame. But I guess that's also why it's so safe.
    DD 5.2009 DS 6.2011
  • Options
    I did test drive it, but we didn't take it up the hill. This dealership is in the central part of town, and their regular loop is just flat highway. It did fine on that. The MDX we drove was on the west part of town and we got take it up the mountain a ways, and I have to say it was zippy as anything. I might ask the dealer if we can take the Volvo farther, so I can see. I'm a pretty aggressive driver and if I have a car that I floor, and it red-lines, but nothing happens, it's going to drive me nuts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"