High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Does anyone have irritable uterus?

I'm expecting our second baby and I had pre term contractions with my DD from 23 weeks til the end of pregnancy and I'm only 14.5 weeks but feel that pressure and tightness and like docked in the gut feeling already.... I see my OB later this week...

Re: Does anyone have irritable uterus?

• Options
    socked
  • Options
    Me - it started around 26 weeks or so with my son (but wasnt diagnosed until 28 weeks). With this pregnancy (twins) it started at 22 weeks (bedrest for PTL at 24 weeks).  They haven't found anything that helps me other than bedrest, and even then if I move around too much I can feel it....  They tried meds in the hospital last time but they didn't help.

Blocked tubes due to ruptured appendix
    IVF#1 Ectopic - tube removed; FET#1 CP; IVF#2 BFP!
    Beta#1 13dpo 115; Beta#2 15dpo 248; Beta #3 20dpo 2215 U/S#1 6w1d HR 99; U/S#2 8w HR 165; U/S#3 10w HR 176 and moving all around!
    Bedrest at 28 weeks due to preterm labor; released to modified bedrest at 34 weeks; released to full activity at 37 weeks
    BabyNantucket born at 37 weeks 4 days 7lbs8oz 19in

Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have it and I'm on bedrest for short cervix and cerclage. Not sure which came first the chicken or the egg. I'm on progesterone suppositories and some uterine calming drugs vistaril and only take it as needed. I use magnesium and lavender oil AND my doc said I could drink some red wine and I think that's helping a lot. Mag bath last night seemed to help a lot.
    Married to my dream husband
    Mom to 2 year old BG twins (Incompetant cervix, cerclage, and LOTS of bed rest)
    Pregnant with our next!
  • Options
    Wow thanks for the info! I'm on my phone I don't know if you said how many weeks you are! Thanks for sharing both of you, I hope things go well for all of us: So far I just had an ultrasound, but I think I'll go later next week and hope they can check
  • Options
    I'm 25.2 and had the cerclage at 21.6. Magnesium is best absorbed topically so I make an oil out of ancient minerals brand mag flakes I buy on amazon.
    Pregnant with our next!
  • Options
    I do/did have this. I was in the hospital a few times for PTL starting at 25 weeks. I was put on bedrest from that point on but here I am full term and still chugging along. Good luck.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Do you find that it gets worse in the evenings? I can't tell if I get them in the evenings because its evening or that's when we always have a bunch of people at our house...I think I'm going to head to the bedroom next time there's more than 2 people in the living room.
    Pregnant with our next!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"