Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Diaper genie vs arm and hammer

First are they even necessary and second which one is better?

Re: Diaper genie vs arm and hammer

• Options
    I had the arm & hammer...lets say DS broke the latch when he was about 10 months old, so it quit staying shut.  It also wasn't so good at containing the smell (even with the bags & baking soda) after he started solid foods.  I now have a plain stainless steel pail with an air freshener & that works great. Plus I can use regular trash bags now-a huge money saver.  I think the plastics start containing the odor after awhile...even when you change it constantly.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    I have the Arm & Hammer and I love it!  DD has been on solids for about 2 months now and I very rarely can smell anything. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had the diaper genie and hated it.  The bag design sucks and it doesn't contain the smell at all.  I ended up throwing it out.

I now have the arm & hammer which I have been using for 2 years and I love it.  It works great and I haven't had any odor issues. 

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I've never used the diaper genie, but I LOVE my Arm and Hammer! 
    Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Options
    another vote for the arm & hammer. we've used it from day 1. it works great and we've never had an odor problem.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm a happy Diaper Genie owner. The one with the foot pedal is worth the extra couple of bucks over the one where you have to push the diapers in with your hand.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't think it was necessary in the beginning so I had just a regular trash can with a flip up lid.  Yeah I changed my tune once my LO started solids.  The nursery was disgusting.  I got the Arm n Hammer one at Target and it's been great ever since.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We used a lidded garbage can for months and broke down and got arm and hammer. Ended up hating it and got diaper genie. Diaper genie is much better IMO!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"