October 2012 Moms

ear pulling?

When to call the doc?  DD's been pulling at her ears for the past two months and its been nothing when I've brought her in (already going to the doc those times).  But she's been pulling at both of them hard for the past week.  But she's getting new teeth and it's allergy time here.  I just called the doc and they're having issues with their phones and was told to call back in an hour or two...wondering if I should take that as a sign to not bring her in?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ear pulling?

• My DD was doing this for awhile.  We went to the doctor (not specifically for the ear pulling) but it turns out her ears were clear.  I'm thinking it was because of the teething.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • What do their phones not working have to do with taking her in?!? That makes zero sense.

I think they have just discovered that they can get to their ears, as well.
    Birthday

• Loading the player...
  • imagenumberonemama:
    When to call the doc?  DD's been pulling at her ears for the past two months and its been nothing when I've brought her in (already going to the doc those times).  But she's been pulling at both of them hard for the past week.  But she's getting new teeth and it's allergy time here.  I just called the doc and they're having issues with their phones and was told to call back in an hour or two...wondering if I should take that as a sign to not bring her in?

When my DS had an ear infection he was grabbing at his ear and screaming.  Like bloody-murder screaming.  The perfectly happy rubbing at the ears is usually just related to teething, but I wouldn't rule out a trip to the pedi if you are worried about it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just wrote this same question last week. I think it's teething related. I didn't take her to the doctor, but follow your mommy instincts if you think something is off.

• imageMrs.G123:
    What do their phones not working have to do with taking her in?!? That makes zero sense. I think they have just discovered that they can get to their ears, as well.

i called for an appt...they don't see patients between 12-2 anyways for lunch and you need an appt unless its an emergency.  I was told to call back for an appt...they said if we needed to see a doc then go to ER...the normal advice when they aren't available.   

• imageMrs.G123:
    What do their phones not working have to do with taking her in?!? That makes zero sense.

I think they have just discovered that they can get to their ears, as well.

Hmm that's a good point. O has Bern pulling at her ears for the past couple days. She has a cold and is teething so I don't know which it could be. She has her 6 month appointment tomorrow so I'm going to ask then. It's so hard to tell at this age. I say its better to be safe than sorry.
  • I am crazy about the ear pulling. DS had 2 sets of tubes before he turned 1 so ear pulling freaks me out. That being said I've taken DD in 6 times (yes 6, I'm embarrassed) for pulling her ears and every time they are clear. Of course the 1 time I take her in for a bad diaper rash I find out she had an ear infection to and hadn't touched her ears. So what we've discovered is she will pull on her ears when she's very tired. Ugh, these kids and their ears are going to be the end of me :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • My dd does this a lot too but last appt they said she was fine
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"