Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Jogging Stroller- Love it or Hate it?

In the market for a jogging stroller...do you have one? Like/dislike it? How much do you actually use it?

DD is just about 13 months and luckily will still sit in her stroller for some time without getting too squirmy. Many of my friends have joggers but actually don't use them or like them, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. TIA!

Re: Jogging Stroller- Love it or Hate it?

• I have a Bob Dualie and LOVE it, It's used almost daily for running. It handle bumps really well much better than my baby trend
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I used to use my Baby Trend Expedition for walks (and occasional jogs) around the neighborhood. I've never used a more expensive jogger, so I can't compare it. It met our needs, and I could also use it for trips to the mall or wherever. You can easily flip a switch and lock the front wheel so you can go from walking to jogging.

We moved and I haven't established a walking routine here, so I don't use it much right now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I just bought the baby trend expedition and have been using it for walks and jogging.  Its a bit bulky so i would still prefer a lightweight stroller for shorter trips but i currently hate my light weight stroller
  • We bought a used BOB stroller from a athletic store and LOVE it. It is so smooth and DS seems really happy while in it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We have yet to use ours in a jogging capacity...mainly because I work out during lunch or before LO wakes up. That being said we use it as our regular stroller. The only problem with that is when we go to the mall and maneuvering between racks. We like it overall though.  We go for walks on the trails near our house a lot, and take it with us to the park as well.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • I have a baby trend one as well that I use for mostly walks and the occasional run. I HATE how big it is. We have a smaller car and it does not fit in the trunk. We have to put it in the back seat next to the car seat :)  I also dislike that the canopy doesn't move if the sun is in DS's eyes. So far he doesn't mind his sun hat. Other than that, no issues, but I haven't tried a good running stroller like a jeep or a BOB.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had the single Baby Trend expedition for when we just had DD. It fit our needs and we got a ton of use out of it. I run daily when the weather is nice.

Now we have the Schwinn double jogger (total fixed wheel) and it's great. We only use it for jogging, so having a fixed only wheel was important to me.

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• I have a Baby Trend Expedition and I love it! DS fits comfortable in it, it's easy to fold and unfold, it's not really wide like the BOB, and the basket is a good size so I can still use it in the mall if I need to.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have a Baby Trend jogger. It's big and kind of tough to maneuver in crowds and tight places like stores, but we LOVE it for walks, long excursions, and rough terrain. It has big bicycle-type tires, so it's amazing for parks and grass and on the lakeshore, all the places a regular hard-wheel stroller can't go.

We use our Jeep umbrella stroller for indoor stuff like the mall, and smooth sidewalk paths like at the zoo.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• We have a Jeep Liberty I think that's what it's called...Jeep something. It's technically not a jogging stroller and even states that in the instructions, but it's worked well for us.

• I have a BOB single and we've used it since DS was born as our main stroller.  We love it.  It's big for fitting in a car but so easy to push and it is awesome when I take LO one running.  We've been able to take the stroller on several hiking trails in our area too since it handles bumps and obstacles so easily.  I just wish it had a handbrake on the handlebar.  DS loves riding in it too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"