Cloth Diapering

Homemade baby wipes?

Sorry if this has been asked before but when I do a search it never works for me.

I was thinking of making some homemade baby wipes with some organic terrycloth or something. Is this a good idea? What do you ladies use?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Homemade baby wipes?

• We will be using dispoable wipes initially because we have a lot of them, but when we run out we will be using some cheap cotton baby wash cloths and I will be cutting up some cotton receiving blankets that we don't need. Our LO isn't here yet though, so I don't have any experience with different materials.
  • I used flannel on both sides and zig zag edges

MFI, Lap on 7/21/11 - Stage III/IV Endo and Polyps removed by D&C
    IVF #1 with ICSI - ER 1/20 (16R, 12M, 10F), ET 1/23 (1-10 cell and 1-8cell transferred), BFP on 1/31 Beta #1 on 2/3 = 68, Beta #2 on 2/6 = 261 EDD 10/12/12  
    Baby girl born 9/22/12

FET #1 - 9/16/13 - BFN

IVF #2 - ER 11/11/13 (24R, 18M, 16F), ET 11/16 (2 Grade A blasts)
    BFP on 11/23 Beta #1 = 76 EDD 8/2/14

• Loading the player...
  • I made homemade flannel wipes & they work well enough for little poos & wiping pee.  My favorites for major poos are actually the thick terrycloth freebies I got with my AppleCheeks.  A close second is my cheap Gerber washcloths that I use as wipes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• I cut up old receiving blankets and sewed the edges.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love our cheapo babiesrus washcloths. They're textured on one side and smooth on the other.
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use Bummis flannel in my diaper bag, washcloths in the nursery and homemade ones in our room. I cut tshirts with pinking shears (no sewing) and they haven't frayed with 4 months of use. Soft, but with more texture than flannel, I find they work well. 
  • Thanks everyone. I also noticed there is more info in the FAQ section so I'll go through that as well.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"