Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Moms with 3 or plus kids

How was your third labor? My first was pretty awful and long. Second while still labor went way better then I could have guessed and I was only at the hospital for six hours and I had my son in my arms. I was so surprised by how well it went I said to that to my doctor and he was like "ya second babies are a breeze its the third to watch out for they are a wild card" and now I am on my third pregnancy and I am scared to death of this labor now and I can not sake that statement from my memory.

Re: Moms with 3 or plus kids

• I know all about what your doctor was talking about,,,, 

My first pregnancy I went 41w6d and was in labor for over 46 hours but only pushed twice. The pregnancy was so easy and even the labor was not that bad. My second pregnancy I went 39w, was in labor for under 8 hours after my water broke in the middle of the night and again pushed only twice. My third pregnancy was brutal from the beginning I was sick as a dog and at 30 weeks started to have preterm labor. My water broke at 37w5d but it would be another 36 hours before DD2 would arrive which would include passing a kidney stone while in labor. I thought I was in the clear but ended up back in the hospital three days after bringing DD2 home with multiple blood clots in my legs so am now giving myself Lovenox shots twice a day for the next three months. And in case you haven't already guessed our family is complete!

Best of luck to you. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My first two labour experiences were pretty much identical: woke up in the middle of the night to my water breaking, then nothing so put on a pit drip. It was then less than 5 hours between the time the cx picked up and the time I was holding my baby in my arms.

This time was completely different. Started having contractions, which then slowly picked up in pace and intensity. I was admitted in L&D maybe 14 hours after the cx started being timebale. It was then another 5 hours until Baby was born. THe Dr actually broke my water for me.

Out of the 3, I'd say this was my "best" labour. Probably because things progressed more slowly.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • My mom loved to tell the story if her third. She was at work pretty sure she was in labor all day but not overly uncomfortable. Went home had dinner packed her bags then when he checked in she was already at 10 cm. 3 pushes later baby was out, they didn't even take time to hook up IVs and fetal monitors. She said her third pregancy was her favorite, out of 5

• My third delivery was light years easier than my first two!

The first one was an induction. 12 hours of pitocin and I was fully dilated. I pushed for two hours, she didn't descend, my doctor got impatient and insisted on a c-section.

My second one I started an induction already 5 cm. 8 hours later I was fully dilated. I pushed for 3 hours and needed forceps assistance but had a vaginal delivery.

My third I started an induction a fingertip dilated. I was on pitocin for 12-13 hours, they were about to call it because at last check I was only 4 cm and suddenly I had the urge to push. 20 minutes and 5 pushes later my son was here!

I was induced due to pregnancy induced hypertension/borderline pre-e with all 3, at 39w, 39w 2d then 37w 6d. 

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Basil27Basil27 member

imagea13049:
    My mom loved to tell the story if her third. She was at work pretty sure she was in labor all day but not overly uncomfortable. Went home had dinner packed her bags then when he checked in she was already at 10 cm. 3 pushes later baby was out, they didn't even take time to hook up IVs and fetal monitors. She said her third pregancy was her favorite, out of 5

thanks I needed this! haha not like I think I will be that lucky but it is nice to hear! :O) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"