Stay at Home Moms

S/O-S/O-Pioneer Woman

Am I the only one who doesn't much like her food? I've tried several of her recipes, and I'm always unimpressed.

Re: S/O-S/O-Pioneer Woman

• Nope, I definitely have not been impressed. Not trying to say I'm some gourmet chef myself, but people seem to go gaga over her recipes and neither DH nor I have liked any of them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've just recently tried her spicy Dr. Pepper pork and really liked it, and a potato soup that was really good. Maybe I've just been lucky with them, though!

DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't like it. I also hate her show. Some people are not tv personalities lol
    *Bumping since 2007*
    had to change my sn :) TTC # 1 since Jan 06
    Miracle Baby #1 - March 2012
    Miracle Baby #2 - June 2013
  • I made her chicken spaghetti one night and my five year old ate several bites because he wanted some dessert. He said, "Look, mom, I ate about half of this, even though I thought I was going to throw up."

Chicken and noodles was decent, but not sure it was worth it for the amount of effort. Basically, most of her stuff is OK, but for something with that much fat/calories, I want to be blown away. Like my America's Test Kitchen bread pudding. Now, that is a heart attack on a plate that's worth every bit of cholesterol that collects in my arteries. 

• imageMrs.Hizzo:

I made her chicken spaghetti one night and my five year old ate several bites because he wanted some dessert. He said, "Look, mom, I ate about half of this, even though I thought I was going to throw up."

Chicken and noodles was decent, but not sure it was worth it for the amount of effort. Basically, most of her stuff is OK, but for something with that much fat/calories, I want to be blown away. Like my America's Test Kitchen bread pudding. Now, that is a heart attack on a plate that's worth every bit of cholesterol that collects in my arteries. 

Exactly! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLalaMama81:
    imageMrs.Hizzo:

I made her chicken spaghetti one night and my five year old ate several bites because he wanted some dessert. He said, "Look, mom, I ate about half of this, even though I thought I was going to throw up."

That's probably why most of our fave recipes are ATK or Cooks. Some of the best.  

I have yet to make a bad ATK or Cook's Country recipe. They are so awesome, totally worth the subscription price. If you haven't tried the ATK one for veggie lasagna yet, I highly, highly recommend it. And I don't even like veggie lasagna. 

• I have about 5-10 things I like and the rest is totally not my style. I've also found that her recipes are much better with higher end ingredients. She seems to dumb/cheap everything down for her audience...like I would never use parmesan in a can or jarred garlic.
  • imagecjcouple:
    imageKateMW:
    I have about 510 things I like and the rest is totally not my style. I've also found that her recipes are much better with higher end ingredients. She seems to dumb/cheap everything down for her audience...like I would never use parmesan in a can or jarred garlic.
    I assumed that was due to being in the boonies with less fresh ingredients at times. Ha

I always assumed it was for the general population that doesn't cook.  

• imageLalaMama81:
    imageKateMW:

imagecjcouple:
    imageKateMW:
    I have about 510 things I like and the rest is totally not my style. I've also found that her recipes are much better with higher end ingredients. She seems to dumb/cheap everything down for her audience...like I would never use parmesan in a can or jarred garlic.
    I assumed that was due to being in the boonies with less fresh ingredients at times. Ha

I always assumed it was for the general population that doesn't cook.  

I assumed mostly the latter. Makes better blog fodder for her audience. She goes to the bigger towns/cities to get stuff, I believe. Using canned parm makes me cringe. Is it even real cheese?  

I get better recipes from smitten kitchen and the kitchn as far as blogs go.  

Are we talking like Kraft jars here or is this something even ickier I just don't know about?

PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"