Baby Showers
Options

What are you wearing to your shower?

I am wearing this dress (https://www.everlygrey.com/dresses/posen-dress/) to work today and am getting a lot of compliments on it, so I am thinking I should wear it to my shower. I also love this dress that I wore to a work dinner (https://www.everlygrey.com/dresses/uma-spring-dress/). Note: I am not as cute as those models! :)

Do you have a special dress picked out yet? I would get something new, but preferably in the under $30 range. Ideas? My shower is May 18. 

Married the love of my life June 26, 2011
BFP December 1, 2012
Confirmed at the doctor December 3, 2012
Due August 7, 2013
DS born August 10, 2013

Re: What are you wearing to your shower?

• Options
    imagemrsgerman:

I have awhile before my shower but I know already I will most likely wear a maxi dress or something longer (like below knee) or shorts. Only because it can be kind of awkward when your sitting in front of a ton of people and have to keep your legs closed while working with a huge bump and people handing you gifts. 

She has a good point about wearing a longer dress.

Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

I just went with as close to complete comfort as I can get right now. I didn't get anything new. Although I think most women do want new clothes for their shower I just went with something I already had that I find really easy to wear. (Dress pants, slightly fancier shirt)

Those dresses look nice and I would think either is good for your shower unless you really want something new.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemrsgerman:

I have awhile before my shower but I know already I will most likely wear a maxi dress or something longer (like below knee) or shorts. Only because it can be kind of awkward when your sitting in front of a ton of people and have to keep your legs closed while working with a huge bump and people handing you gifts. 

I wore a knee-length dress to my shower last week, with capri length leggings underneath for this exact reason. All of the maxi-dress styles make me look HUGE, so I wanted my legs to show a bit. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    There's this patchwork dress (https://www.gypsyrose.com/product.php?productid=16487&cat=0&page=1) that I've been eyeballing for awhle now, but it's out of stock for another two weeks or so.  Mom ordered it for me, but I just hope it gets here in time for my shower.
  • Options
    My MOH gave me the same advice before my bridal shower: wear a long skirt/dress! Even without the bump, it is awkward trying to bend over, pick up gifts, unwrap them etc while still crossing legs in front of everyone. I can only imagine how tough it would be with a baby bump! I actually wore the maxi dress from my bridal shower recently and got loads of compliments. The one thing I didn't notice before was that it has this design that perfectly accents my baby bump...like a sun-burst right over my belly button! I probably won't wear it to my baby shower, but have definitely looked at other maxi dresses.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagejessicaivana:

I am not sure what I am going to wear yet- but if you're looking for a cheaper maxi dress, I just bought two from Target- the Liz Lange collection. They seem to run a little bit big- but they are super flatterning.

I have also found a few maxi skirts at Marshalls by Maxx Studio and I just bought them in a medium. They are cotton so they stretch over the bump nice and look cute with a tank tucked in.

( I am not a big person wearing xs maternity bottoms and usually sm or medium tops  due to my 32H's. )

I think "flattering" REALLY depends on your body type. I tried on the maxi dresses that Target recently put out (the purple ombre one, and the teal & navy one) the day before my shower, I'd seen them a few times and almost bought them w/o trying on bc I was certain they'd be adorable. I'm SO glad I tried them on in the store before buying because I seriously looked like I was wearing a tarp. I wear a 16/18, or L/XL, and because I'm tall and broad the dress just hung off of me and made me look awful.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am wearing this dress:

https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=94665980453&MasterCategory_Id=MC3

Just need to find some shoes for my swollen feet!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"