Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

toothpaste

What kind of toothpaste are you using with baby? is is a paste that has baby on it (or kid) or is it your toothpaste? with floride or without?

thanks ladies

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: toothpaste

• For my 19 month old we use Aquafresh Training Toothpaste. Flouride free, so it's safe if she swallows it.

My 3yo has learned to rinse and spit and not swallow her toothpaste, so we use Colgate Kids for her. She would probably be fine with adult toothpaste, but the kids' stuff is sparkly and fun for her :) 

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • NUK fluoride free.
  • Loading the player...
  • Our doctor recommended no toothpaste till they can spit. We have always just used water and a washcloth. Recently (after finally getting bit) we switched to a toothbrush :)
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My Ped said any floride toothpaste will work (swallowing such a tiny amount is fine, according to my Ped) - just put a tiny shmeer of it on the toothbrush. We did that for like 2 days and then switched to a child-specific one. We got the strawberry one from Tom's of Maine and tried it out ourselves to make sure it wasn't awful. DD loves it and enjoys brushing her teeth with me in the morning. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Without flouride. We use orajel toddler training gel. Since they don't know to spit out, you shouldn't use a paste with flouride.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • I like kid's spry tooth gel with xylitol,is all natural safe to swallow and fluoride free,the ingredient are water,xylitol,calcium,cellulose gum and grapefruit seed extract,as a preservative.you can use from age 3 months and up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We use Tom's of Main for kids. It's strawberry flavored and safe to swallow. DD1 has tried other toothpastes, but will not use any others.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We used baby toothpaste until he turned 2, then we switched to Tom's children's toothpaste with flouride.

ETA: He can't spit well yet. We do a rinse and spit but he swallows 75% of the time. Our pedi dentist said it was okay and actually recommended to use a tiny smear of flouride toothpaste at this age, even if they can't spit.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We use Weleda (sp?), I'm pretty sure it's fluoride free.
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • We're just using water until 2.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ditto to the Aquafresh training toothpaste. No fluoride, so safe to swallow. LO loves it...it's actually hard to get him to not suck it all off the brush before we start brushing. It's a banana apple flavor that he obviously enjoys very much.

• imagektpaladino:
    Ditto to the Aquafresh training toothpaste. No fluoride, so safe to swallow. LO loves it...it's actually hard to get him to not suck it all off the brush before we start brushing. It's a banana apple flavor that he obviously enjoys very much.

This, exactly!

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• We are using just water. We'll start with a non-flouride paste around age 2.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"