Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Diaper frustrations

My DD is just over 11 lbs and pees quite a lot. Lately the pee has been leaking out of her diaper, as if it defies the laws of gravity lol! I can't figure out how it can come out the top of her diaper while she's sitting up in her vibrating chair. Maybe the diaper can't absorb it enough? In the last 24 hours I changed her clothes 4 times due to leakage. She's wearing size 1, which goes up to 14 lbs. We've been using Pampers Swaddlers but I bought 2 other types to try. Huggies Little Snugglers gives me the same problem. I have yet to try Pampers Baby Dry, which seems to be for night but perhaps they would be good all day. I'm wondering also if I should already buy up a size. You could say that my darling LO is already quite chunky around her thighs and her rear, so the diapers are perhaps not as tight as they should be. They seem to cover her well enough but maybe the sides aren't closed enough. Anyhow I'm kind of frustrated having to clean her up and change her so often, and I just want a diaper that will keep her dry! Any advice?

Also, what's your favorite brand of diaper? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Diaper frustrations

• Different brands seem to work better for different babies, and not sizes are the same!  Huggies size 1 seem smaller than Pampers 1 and Walmart size 1 are even bigger.  My 2 yr old wears a 5 in huggies, but a 4 in Sam's brand!  I would go up a size if I were you.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We always found that we had to go up a size before LO reaches the limit. We just put DS2 in size 2 diapers and he is 12 lbs. I don't know if it is the same for girls but every time we had leaks it meant it was time to go to the next size. 
    5.18.11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker EDD 3.12.13
  • Loading the player...
  • We always found that we had to go up a size before LO reaches the limit. We just put DS2 in size 2 diapers and he is 12 lbs. I don't know if it is the same for girls but every time we had leaks it meant it was time to go to the next size. 

ETA we only use baby dry all the time until size 3 or 4 and then switch to the local store brand 
    5.18.11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker EDD 3.12.13
  • We're using Earth's Best diapers.  They seem to be very absorbant.
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm having the same issue, with size 1 Baby Dry Pampers. Last time this happened, I moved up a size. But the size 2's seem too big. I have some Huggies from my shower that I'm trying today. I think it's trial and error...but that gets expensive! 
    Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • imagekellyrn9956:
    I'm having the same issue, with size 1 Baby Dry Pampers. Last time this happened, I moved up a size. But the size 2's seem too big. I have some Huggies from my shower that I'm trying today. I think it's trial and error...but that gets expensive! 

Trial and error definitely gets expensive! I still have about 150 diapers left in size 1 since I just bought a couple small packs of other brands over the weekend. I may continue to use them and just change her more frequently, then try a size up. Luckily she has plenty of clothes hah! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Luvs is my favorite. We had this issue with dd1, so we have only used Luvs with dd2.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are using the Pampers Swaddlers and just went up a size (DS is 13lbs).  I thought the Size 1s were fitting him okay still but the Size 2s actually fit him much better.  I say try up a size.

• imagejkuhmann:
    We are using the Pampers Swaddlersnbsp;and just went up a size DS is 13lbs.nbsp; I thought the Size 1s were fitting him okay still but the Size 2s actually fit him much better.nbsp; I say try up a size.

We had to go up a size waaayyyy before the weight limit with our LO. They seemed to swallow her, but we didn't have any more accidents.
  • I used Pampers Baby Dry and Luvs with DD1 and DD2. I did have to size up before they grew out of the weight range, I think because they were both long. Blowouts and leaks were usually bc we needed to go up a size.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • khazekhaze member
    I would go up a size.  I'm still in the process of figuring out which diaper to use for my son as he has the same issue at night.  Huggies leaked all day for him so I switched to Pamper's Baby Dry and they were much better, but still leaked at night.  I went up a size and tried Pamper's snugglers and nights are better, but still get occasional leaks.  Hopefully I'll find something that works!

Declan 2.21.2013
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 6.22.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"