January 2013 Moms
Options

How Do you know LO is hungry at night?

How do you know LO is hungry at night?

may seem like a ridiculous question, especially coming from a STM...  DD wakes up btw midnight and 2am and I feed her. Then she always wakes three hours after and I feed her again. Sometimes I give her the pack and she goes back to sleep. If she continues to fuss I figure she's hungry.

Having 2U2 has zapped my memory! I can't remember what we did with DS! I just know he was STTN by now. Yes, I realize each baby is unique, but fundamentally, how do you determine night time hunger vs. just wanting a soother? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers

Re: How Do you know LO is hungry at night?

• Options
    Pretty much, if she's awakes she's hungry.  She sleeps decent stretches and still eats every 2-3 hours during the day so if she wakes up at night she's been asleep longer than that = she needs a diaper change and some food.  Same with DS.  Once he was done needing that food overnight he started STTN. 
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

image2013mommy:
    If DS just wants his paci back he makes little whimpers but when he's hungry he cries much louder! Also, when he wakes up I usually need to pee so I go into his room, give him his paci, and go to the bathroom. If he is still fussing when I'm done he's hungry. Typically when I give him his paci and he isn't hungry he goes back to sleep instantly! 

This! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    image2013mommy:
    If DS just wants his paci back he makes little whimpers but when he's hungry he cries much louder! Also, when he wakes up I usually need to pee so I go into his room, give him his paci, and go to the bathroom. If he is still fussing when I'm done he's hungry. Typically when I give him his paci and he isn't hungry he goes back to sleep instantly!nbsp;

This, exactly how it is for my DD.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Like the PP said, if the paci doesn't put her back to sleep. Also, if you do feed her at night and she just sort of sucks slowly and doesn't swallow much, I know she just needed the comfort, not the food.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"