October 2012 Moms
Options

Ugggghhhhhhh.... I hate baby sleep

I'm so over my life revolving around sleep.  R is still napping in his swing which I don't really care about except for one he's going to outgrow it soon and for two it's a big thing we shouldn't be needing to cram into our new small apartment because he should have outgrown it.  So I wanted to try to get him out of it by the time we move... so this morning I put him for his nap like i normally do only in the crib... I literally couldn't even finish making my cup of coffee (which is ridiculously, desperately needed right now) before he woke up.  I'm trying to get him back to sleep in the effing swing now but at the moment I can hear him playing on the monitor.

I'm just over life revolving around sleep....can't drive anywhere before a nap or he'll sleep for 6 minutes in the car and think he's done, don't want appointments during nap time (which we have a termite inspector coming in 45 minutes today for the buyer) or his nap will be cut short.... sorry.  I'm way too tired right now and just frustrated.  Sleep is the one thing I never imagined would be so difficult when we had a kid.  I almost feel like with the next one it's worth it to not even start habits like the swing just to not have to deal with breaking them. 

ETA: well he did go back to sleep in the swing at least so I can drink my coffe in peace... but he needs to sleep in his crib!

Also- I had a total melt down and cried myself to sleep last night, just missing my boy... so I know a lot of this vent was misdirected anyways.... in case you're wondering why one nap set me off so much. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

Re: Ugggghhhhhhh.... I hate baby sleep

• Options
    Aaaaaand the termite guy just rang the doorbell, 45 minutes early, 5 minutes after I get R back to sleep.  The good news? I made him feel bad for coming so early without telling me and he said he just won't go in his room.... now fx he's quiet enough not to wake him up!  Gaaah!  I should add that on top of my meltdown last night it's also all very much moving stress related.  Man- this turned into a huge rant!  

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

• Options
    I'm sorry your going through so much right now.  We were forced to quit using the swing before we got her weaned.  Ours broke a few weeks ago, and she has been slowly doing better.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemorrkim:
    I'm sorry your going through so much right now.  We were forced to quit using the swing before we got her weaned.  Ours broke a few weeks ago, and she has been slowly doing better.

Yea, I feel like I just need to bite the bullet and just do it, it's just hard with so much other sh!t going on ya know?  Probably would be in my best interest if it just broke, ha. 

CafeMom Tickers

My Blog

• Options
    imagewonknessmonster:

I have legit nap anxiety. I still have superfrayed nerves from her months of 10-20 minute nappingonlyinmyarmssometimesnotatall. Now that she naps in her crib I get srsly worked up by outside noise. I have a sign on the door "Please knock, baby sleeping" at all times. All weekend this knob up the street was revving his motorcycle engine while tuning it up and in my head I was like I'M GOING TO CUT YOU, NEIGHBOUR. Baby slept through but I was RAAAGE/pit of stomach-barf mad.

I open window when driving now if I don't want her to sleep and that works sometimes for keeping her awake...can only do it if the weather is OK for it. I open both back windows 1/2 way so there's quite a breeze.  

Can you get out for a stroller walk outside today? I like doing this lately so that I can work off some frustration and baby can have nap if she wants. It is still snowing here (%$#%#^# %$#@%@ $!%$%$#) but I am just going out with her now and pretending spring is happening.  

OMG, I totally get mad like that when people make noises and it upsets me b/c I'm as mad as you described and I'm so NOT an angry person... so glad I'm not alone here.

Also- for the windows, that puts him right to sleep! That's actually my go-to if he's screaming in the car and I'd rather he just sleep, I roll the window down. I think ti's the white noise of it?

Yes, we walk every day.... like several hours a day... we both love it.  It's my exercise and he's just an outdoor baby.  Honestly, thank jebus for my walks, I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't get out every day. 

CafeMom Tickers

My Blog

• Options
    imagePetunia844:

imagemorrkim:

Yea, I feel like I just need to bite the bullet and just do it, it's just hard with so much other sh!t going on ya know?  Probably would be in my best interest if it just broke, ha. 

two weeks ago i threw away the swaddles just so i'd be forced to wean ds from them.,  he is finally getting back to his normal sleep routine.  

Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Options

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this.  We are still dealing with it too, in a way.  Our apartment is being shown constantly by our landlords, and it always seems like they wait until Henry is napping to come over.  And since Henry is not on a regular nap schedule at home, I can't even try to anticipate these sorts of things if I wanted to.

It seems like the only reliable way I can count on LO to nap is in the car or on my boob, which are both getting more and more inconvenient for obvious reasons.

Hugs.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    hugs I have been there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"