Working Moms
Options

Conundrum

So, our HR person just told me about an opportunity in a competing org. that would be a promotion.  She said she thought of me because the opportunity to move up in our org. is probably a ways out. (The people in the upper management aren't retiring for a while, and won't be leaving before then.)

So, the commute would probably be the same, there may be more potential to use transit though (not an option at my location now)...the raise would be substantial (like $40k more)...but so would the workload/stress (obviously), along with a lot of meetings in the evenings...at least one a week, and probably once a month that would increase to 3 times a week.  I chose to be in the public sector after years in the private with a lack of job security (was laid off for over a year made me skiddish) and weeks of 60-80 hour work weeks.  I always told myself I didn't want to be a mom if I couldn't actually be present...I really don't want to be stuck in a rut...and technically if I got this job (not guaranteed that obviously, I haven't applied yet).  We'd be able to have a second child and save enough money to buy a house a lot sooner. Any opinions?  I'm having a hard time.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary

Re: Conundrum

• Options
    IF you would be looking at doing it short-term to save up money and advance other goals, I think I would vote to try it. On the other hand, if you are looking at long-term and this is really not what you want for your lifestyle, then no. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"