October 2012 Moms

stage 2 food

anyone on stage 2 food yet, I don't remember when to switch. We're still introducing all the stage 1 foods, but do we move up as soon as we're done with that?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: stage 2 food

• Just from browsing what I can tell stage 2 is just mixed foods. Probably a little thicker. Most say 6 or 7 months.
  • imagePixelPosy:
    Just from browsing what I can tell stage 2 is just mixed foods. Probably a little thicker. Most say 6 or 7 months.

I was going to say this. My LO isn't a great eater, she had reflux. So she only eats 1 to 2 oz at a time. But if your LO is finishing stage one then I'd move up to two.
  • Loading the player...
  • We started Stage 2 at 6 months. He does wonderful with all of it so far. The only thing he doesnt like is beets.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecandaceleigh21:
    We started Stage 2 at 6 months. He does wonderful with all of it so far. The only thing he doesnt like is beets.

We also started around 6 months, DS loves the stage 2, he eats them much better than the stage 1.  I think the only difference between stage 1 and 2 is that stage 2 is a little thicker and the flavors are mixed.  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've been making my own baby food for the most part, so I haven't seen any stages.  But I think, as PPs said, stage 1 is just single-ingredient foods that you introduce to ensure there are no allergies or issues.  Then you move on to blends and new flavors and textures.  But I could be wrong.

I have been sticking with single-ingredient foods for the most part, though I did add some mint to LO's pea purees to see if that would make peas more intriguing for him. And I tried a mango avocado mixture this time around.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"