Dads & Dads-to-be

Need advice about DH

So my husband plays softball every friday and sunday night.  We have a cabin up north that we love to go to and our 5 year old loves being at.  During the summer we try to go up as much as possible.  So DH softball season sends the end of June.  He wants to play another season EVERY Friday and sunday night.  WTH.  Am I overreacting by asking him not to play Fridays so we can go to Cabin.  I have no problem with Sunday.  After I asked him he told me he wanted to play both days and I could take DS to cabin by myself.  SERIOUSLY......It is a 4 hour drive.  Any suggestions because I feel that he is being unrealistic and I have no way of explaining that to him.  Am I over reacting by asking him to play just one night after this season is done?
View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
My forever love  ( April Siggy Challenge) 

Re: Need advice about DH

• My wife would have a serious issue with me spending both Friday and Sunday night out of the house, off on my own.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • PrimePrime member

That wouldn't fly in my house.  I also wouldn't choose softball over weekend at the cabin.

Are there other nights he could play during the week instead?

• Loading the player...
  • Weekend at the cabin with family always wins out.  

• Thank you.  I am just at a loss for word right now.  I appreciate your comments.  We are going to have to sit down and talk this one out.  Not sure why softball is so important.  
  • Can I come?  Ill bring some fishing poles for the kids and well have a cook-out!

Seriously though, I would never choose softball or any activity that takes me away from my family.  Maybe its because I am rarely home at night during the week, but sitll.

Baby Jackson Grant Due 9/20/13 BabyFetus Ticker
  • WE talked last night and his response was this was his free time.  I am just blown away.  This is not my husband.  So DS and I will be making cabin trips by ourselves.  All our welcome...lol
  • He already has free time with softball, from what I gathered. I think postponing the cabin trip, and finding out the real root of this recent selfishness is the real issue here. 1 for real men putting family above themselves, I consider free time to be the time I spend with my family.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"