February 2012 Moms

Sleep Regression at 14 months?

My DD has always been a good sleeper (don't be too jealous, my DS was a  nightmare sleeper and still is!).  She would go to bed pretty easily around 7:30 and then wake up somewhere around 7am.  She's been doing this since about 8 months old.  Over the past week or so, she has started to get up earlier and earlier, culminating in a 5:45am wake-up this morning.  

Her bedroom is pitch black with blackout curtains, so I don't think the light is bothering her.  She wakes up crying and is then cranky, so I'm pretty sure she's still tired.  She is transitioning from 2 naps to 1 nap, so that could be it, but I didn't think it would screw with her sleeping this much.  

We have tried putting her right back in her bed, rocking her for a bit and then putting her back down, letting her CIO, bringing her into our bed, putting her to bed later, putting her to bed earlier, and nothing has made an ounce of difference!!!  I'm really hoping this is just a phase, but I was wondering if anyone else is going through this and 1) has any ideas on how to make it better 2) can say they recently went through this and it just lasted a couple weeks or 3)  have no other ideas, but wants to commiserate with me.   

ETA:  The title should say 14 months.  Clearly I'm a little sleep deprived!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sleep Regression at 14 months?

• Is she teething? Does she have an ear infection? Jackson was a horrible, horrible, horrible sleeper when he would have an ear infection. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Just thought of this - have you tried new foods lately? Is she constipated and have an upset tummy? 
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • At about 14 months, my DD started waking up super early for a week or so... but it's gotten better.  Like you - nothing helped us either.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh is that what this is. My kiddo goes down around 7. But he fought me like crazy last night. And it kills me cause it's very clear he's tired. He's also had like a little fever (101) he's had it for a good week. Right before bed he's warm but the next morning he's fine. A few times I gave him Tylenol but sometimes I don't because I'm not sure exactly what is is. I think it's teething.
  • AH same here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"