Cloth Diapering

Olive or coconut oil?

If you use (or were to use) one of these instead of a CD diaper cream, which would you prefer and why?
Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Olive or coconut oil?

• I use coconut oil.  It has antibacterial properties if I remember correctly.  And, it works.  So that's why.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • imageTJ1979:
    I use coconut oil.  It has antibacterial properties if I remember correctly.  And, it works.  So that's why.

That's kind of what I was thinking, too. Plus, I imagine it might be easier to transport in a little screw top jar. 

Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Coconut oil. It's less sloppy since it's solid at room temperature (and melts in your hands almost instantly) and like PP said, the antibacterial properties are great. We also got a giant vat of it at Costco, so that's a factor for us as well Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Coconut oil. Way less messy.
  • All of the above, plus it smells good!
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• imagesweettalkin417:
    All of the above, plus it smells good!

Oh, yeah! Love the way my little guy smells after a coconut oil rubdown! We use it on his whole body, not just his diaper area. I call him my coconutt-y buddy! 

PAL JULY SIGGY CHALLENGE: CAKE WRECKS
    You Made me a mommy... 

Ticker id: ARvP

imageimageimageimageimage
     Lilypie - (KAFM)

• I think of olive oil as an oil for massaging, not really diaper changes. Coconut oil works for diaper area moisturizer, body lotion, and hair conditioner, as well as massages. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemrsjessicamitchell:

imagesweettalkin417:
    All of the above, plus it smells good!

Oh, yeah! Love the way my little guy smells after a coconut oil rubdown! We use it on his whole body, not just his diaper area. I call him my coconutt-y buddy! 

We do the same; it definitely does a better job of moisturizing her skin than the lotion we use for her. My hands get their own coconut oil massage in the process. I call it "coco-butt" for baby O!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• All of the above and coconut oil does not leave a stain on dipes or clothes.  Olive oil does.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"