Trouble TTC

My Intro

Hi ladies
I am new and wanted to share my story. I am almost 23 now and had a miscarriage at 5 weeks December 2011. It was hard and I still struggle sometimes but I try to put it behind me and move forward. My husband and I have been trying for 68 months now not every month but no luck so far. I bought the Clear Blue Ov. Tests but I'm not 100 that I'm using them at the right times. I have been to the doctor and he says everything is fine with me and we should have no problems, just the right timing. AF reared her ugly head this past Saturday and I was so hoping this was our time. As soon as I can get to a GNC I'm going to buy the vitamins for fertility. Hopefully soon I will get a BFP!!
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: My Intro

• Hello. I'm sorry you have to be here, but welcome. I'm fairly new here myself and have already received a LOT of support and valuable info.

When you say the doctor said everything is fine... what tests have you had?

Labs, SA, U/S, HSG? Just wondering because IF is a tricky thing and there is sooo much involved.

Anyway. I hope your stay here is short and GL!!!

Me: 34 - Hydrosalpinx DH: 33
    Previous history
    IUI switched to TI x6 = BFN
    IUI x2 = BFN
    Essure procedure for hydro

New starts

*Possibly starting clomid in Sept or Oct 

• I don't know all of the abbreviations yet : But I didn't have a DNC because he said I wasn't far along enough to need one. My doctor did a pap and another test where he did a biopsy. He said that I'm healthy and everything is fine with me and everything down there. I had a cyst rupture on my ovaries last May. I sometimes feel like my doctor isn't doing everything he could to help us. He won't do anything until a full 12 months of trying with no result. Is that normal?
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry for the abbreviations. Yes, it is normal for them to wait 12 full months. It can take a healthy couple at least that long.

Hang in there and if you feel that he isn't doing everything you can get a second opinion.

Me: 34 - Hydrosalpinx DH: 33
    Previous history
    IUI switched to TI x6 = BFN
    IUI x2 = BFN
    Essure procedure for hydro

New starts

*Possibly starting clomid in Sept or Oct 

• imageNariaDreaming:

Yes- it's normal to not get a referral to an RE until 12 month of TTC (since it can take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive). 

Your original post said you had been trying 68 months (5.5 years). Was that correct, or were you posting from the mobile site which eats punctuation like hyphens. 

Also- if you've been having unprotected intercourse for 5.5 years with no result, that's definitely reason to see an RE at this point. Don't bother going to the OB- find a referral to a reproductive endocrinologist.  

This.  Naria read my mind.  If you have been trying for 5 and a half years I would move on to an RE.  There may be tests that your OB has not done that an RE would do as part of a standard work up that would tell you a lot about what is going on. 

When I first started having problems I went to my ob/gyn.  They did some lab work, said one hormome level was a little off so I might have PCOS but to just wait and come back in a year.  I went to an RE and turns out I had a whole host of problems my OB would have never caught. 

Good luck to you!  Hope you find some answers. 

**************SIGGY WARNING**************

BLOG

Me 32 :: DH 41

TTC since November, 2011

DH's SA : Excellent

Lap and Hysteroscopy June 2012

DX: PCOS, Stage III Endo, slight Adenomyosis, blocked tube, and probable LPD

Treatments:  6 Months Lupron Depot injections; 1500 mg metformin; 3 cycles of Clomid + TI = BFN

3 endometrial biopsies all were "out of phase" 

September - December, 2013:  Break to lose weight and get healthy

40 lb weight loss but still not ovulating "in phase"  

February - March 2014: bcps + follistim + trigger + TI = BFP

Beta #1 (12dpo): 30; Beta #2 (18dpo): 500; Beta #3 (25dpo): 7,000!!! 

1st u/s 4/16: One beautiful hb at 144 bmp 

2nd u/s 4/29: hb at 166 bmp.  Graduated from RE!!

TEAM PINK! 

Baby girl arrived on Thanksgiving day weighing 7lbs 6oz and measuring 20 inches

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh geez no! Lol I meant 6 TO 8 months I am posting from my iPhone lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"