Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

NBR: Anyone try nutrisystem?

Has anyone done nutrisystem?   I feel like I need a boost and help with food and thought maybe it'd be worth a shot.  How much does it "really" cost?   How is the food?  What grocery foods still need to be bought?  I'm not in to artificial sweeteners but can't really find info on their site. Nanyone know about that part?   Tia!!

Re: NBR: Anyone try nutrisystem?

• Options

It's basically high fiber, low calorie food (think inulin added).  I tried it a couple of years ago.  It does work, if you stick to it.  

I was surprised at how much you had to buy in addition to what you get with it.  You'll need to supply your own fresh fruits and veggies.  I forget the daily quantities - 6-8 servings?

If you have the freezer space for the frozen version, it's supposed to be better.  I didn't and the shelf stable version has the consistency of canned dog food.  I began to dread meals.  

I'm pretty sure they use artificial sweeteners in their "sweets."  They also load the "sweets" with inulin to up the fiber to counteract the blood sugar spike from carbs.  

However, if it's something you want to use to reteach yourself portion sizes and how to eat properly, then it could work.   

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Options
    Both my husband and I are currently using it. I won't lie it does not taste the best but you do get a lot of choices. You do have to get a lot of fresh fruit and Vegs. It can really add up if you don't watch what you are buying. There is a list of grocery items somewhere on the web site. I am just starting my 3rd month. I have lost about 8 lbs. I have cheated a fair amount as well. My husband has lost 20 lbs. Over all, I plan to stick with it a bit longer. The website is not very good so if you are wanting online support it might not be the best fit for you. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"