Toddlers: 24 Months+

Nap TIme

Hi, My 2 year old is refusing to nap. When we put him down and he screams and cries the whole time. He is still in a crib so he cant get out. He was always such a good napper, this just started the past few weeks. He goes to bed at night at 730 and sleeps until about 7 on the weekends and gets up at 630 during the week. He is even giving the daycare a hard time. I gave him a book and a stuffed animal to try the quiet time, he just screams and cries. tried making nap time later in the day after lots of playing, tried letting himself cry until he falls asleep nothing works!  I know he still needs a nap, i don't know what to do...any suggestions??

TIA 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nap TIme

• My daughter is doing this too, but she is in a twin bed and we have to lie down with her to calm her down. And it works about 90% of the time.  It's a power struggle. Good luck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Did you have ears checked.  My son sometimes will do this and then within a few days he is sick or had ear infection.  He also could be going thru a growing spurt and unfortunately there is not much you can do for this.  But I would start at the peds office with an ear check first.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think this is a normal phase for this age.  My DD did something similar last month but she's in a toddler bed, which is even more difficult.  She's doing much better now.  I think you just need to let them know that no matter what, they're having a "quite/rest time" if they sleep or not.  They'll hopefully just grow to accept it eventually. 
    photo 82cd8793-783f-431f-96f0-fcca1084a640_zpsc15e5cb6.jpgimage"Daisypath"> Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

photo d5624905-a6b6-418f-b278-83e809b23a24_zpsd0363f36.jpgBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"