Cloth Diapering

Diaper covers

can you recommend your waterproof diaper covers? We use extended Tab prefolds at night time. my mum made her a PUL diaper cover with Velcro closure. The problem is the elastic in the legs and around the waist now leave huge red marks. One left a mark that is still on her leg a week later. My mum was going to make her another one and try not pulling the elastic so tight. But I Was wondering if there were any good cheap ones out there. I read about fleece but am unsure. The diapers I have are made out of all natural material, no polyester.  

BFP #1 05/03/12 DD: 12/18/12
BFP #2 05/26/14 MMC: 6/26/14 D&C: 7/18/14
BFP #3 10/09/14 MC 10/24/14

Re: Diaper covers

• Well, PUL is not an "all natural material" any more than fleece is.

I used Thirsties Duos and Bummis Super Whisper Wraps, and both were fine for us. 

• I like my Flip covers for tri-folded prefolds.  The Thirsties Duo I have is great if you're  using a Snappi.  But those are the only two covers I've used.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetokenhoser:

Well, PUL is not an "all natural material" any more than fleece is.

I used Thirsties Duos and Bummis Super Whisper Wraps, and both were fine for us. 

Oh I know. I should have better explained. I was reading online and read something about not using fleece against natural diapers or something. It was this from babycentre

If you want to use fleece as a hidden layer, you absolutely must use a 100% polyester fabric on the outside. If you try to use fleece as a hidden layer under any natural fibers, the outer layer will draw the moisture out and it'll get damp. Because of this, you also can't really put clothes on over a fleece diaper - which is why a lot of people opt to make fleece pants and skirties.

That was why I wasn't sure about fleece.

BFP #1 05/03/12 DD: 12/18/12
    BFP #2 05/26/14 MMC: 6/26/14 D&C: 7/18/14
    BFP #3 10/09/14 MC 10/24/14

• i love my thirsties duo and flip covers and they are some of the more inexpensive ones i've seen
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like grovia and flip covers over anything (prefolds, fitted, etc). Keep an eye out for good deals. My flip ones were buy 2, get one free, and my grovia were retired prints so even cheaper.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like my Sweet Pea cover over our larger nightime setup. I really like the double gussets and it is a great size to fit over DS's overnight fitted with doubler. We haven't had any leaks using this cover and is was only 10 dollars.
  • I use Thirsties Duo Wraps with snaps and I love them. I got 4 of them in size 1 for DD's smaller stage and the rise has helped so much with her growth. Also, the double leg gusset proved to be helpful with DD's monster poops.

I also use Econobum snap covers (one size, the plain white ones that came with the prefolds) and they are wonderful! They don't leave red marks on her legs, but, then again, DD doesn't have chunky legs. I have 9 covers.

They were all fairly cheap (Thirsties: ~$12 each, Econobum: $8.95) and they have been perfect for the 10 weeks we have been using them.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I also like the Thirsties or Flip covers
    Sarah BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We use diaper safari covers, thirsties duo, and flips. The diaper safari are my favorites and the cheapest of the three (8.95). They are slightly stretchy and have bigger flaps than the flips to keep the wet in. Plus they have free shipping and have deals often. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"