February 2012 Moms
Options

Shorts

Sometimes I swear I don't know how to dress my child appropriately for the weather! So my question is what is your bottom line temp for shorts? It's also hard to judge based on my and H's daily wardrobe choices, I am constantly cold and H is a walking heater.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Shorts

• Options
    If I wouldnt be 100 comfortable in shorts I wont put them on Ian...and he's a walking heater. I think he'd be more comfortable than I would be at lower temps but I still wont put them on him. Today it was supposed to get up to 72...we both had on pants, mainly because when we got up and out of the house this morning it was only in the 60s. I'd say something like 75 for the day with not so cool temps in the morning I'd go with shorts.

• Options
    I'd probably say my low temp for shorts with Lucia is 70ish, but we often put her in pants at that temperature.  Mostly because she crawls so much that pants just seem more comfortable so she has a barrier between her legs and the ground.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    For me it's more situational. It was about 72ish the other day and I put him in shorts because we were going out to play. I knew he'd be moving a lot and since we have about zero shade, he's ALWAYS in the sun.  But, if we're going to be in and out of places where I know the A/C will be on so he'd be more at risk for being in a cooler temperature I'll put him in pants. I also plan on carrying the opposite with me this summer. So if I start him in jeans, I'll make sure to have a pair of shorts to throw on him if he gets too hot and vise versa.
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Options

imagejldubb0626:
    For me it's more situational. It was about 72ish the other day and I put him in shorts because we were going out to play. I knew he'd be moving a lot and since we have about zero shade, he's ALWAYS in the sun.  But, if we're going to be in and out of places where I know the A/C will be on so he'd be more at risk for being in a cooler temperature I'll put him in pants. I also plan on carrying the opposite with me this summer. So if I start him in jeans, I'll make sure to have a pair of shorts to throw on him if he gets too hot and vise versa.

This exactly. It can also be 70 but cloudy and I'd have him in pants. But if it's going to be 70 and sunny, he'll be wearing shorts. When I sent him to MIL's house this morning, I had him in pants and a long sleeve. I know it's suppose to get much warmer by 1 so I sent along shorts and a short sleeve shirt. I'll always have an extra wardrobe with me in case of the weather taking a turn 

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"