Adoption

APG - Friday April 26

Welcome to The Bump's Adoption Prayer Group!  We are a group who believes that prayer is the backbone to any person, season, or situation in life.  If you would like to join the email prayer group and be connected with a prayer buddy, or if you have any requests that you do not feel comfortable stating below, please email me at kirsdances@yahoo.com

We welcome ANYONE to this group and firmly believe that we should "not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication and with thanksgiving, let our requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:6-7

After recently taking this over from Daisy, I want to introduce a semi-new format to the APG that will start today. We'll give people the opportunity to share:

1.  Encouraging Scripture
2.  Prayer requests
3.  Write out a prayer for the other ladies on The Bump
4.  Answer a GTKY question that is inspirational and uplifting

It is my hope that this group will be an encouragement and inspiration to each of you as we sojourn on this adoption road together!  Be blessed today!

I'm a dance studio owner, writer, cat mommy, and adventuress who is married to the man of her dreams. My husband and I have had a long-time dream to adopt and it's happening in a way that we didn't quite anticipate. But, like any move of God, it's turning out way better than we expected. We'd love for you to follow our story at www.kirstenkline.com!

Re: APG - Friday April 26

• PS - Our GTKY question today is:

What is a tangible way that You've seen God work in your adoption process this week?

I'm a dance studio owner, writer, cat mommy, and adventuress who is married to the man of her dreams. My husband and I have had a long-time dream to adopt and it's happening in a way that we didn't quite anticipate. But, like any move of God, it's turning out way better than we expected. We'd love for you to follow our story at www.kirstenkline.com!
  • 1.  My encouraging Scripture this week:  "Lord, You are my portion
    and my cup of blessing; You hold my future. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance. I will praise the Lord who counsels meC)'>?even at night my conscience instructs me." -Psalm 16:5-7

2.  My prayer requests: Now that my husby and I are nearly finished with the paperwork part of the adoption process, we are going to be waiting for a match.  The waiting part will be hard at times I'm sure, but please pray that we will carry out the missions that the Lord gives us during the waiting time.  It's a season we'll never get back again, so we want to make the most of it!

3.  A Prayer for The Bumpees:  Most High God, You are the same yesterday, today, and forever.  I pray that You would be with each of the ladies as they are in the various stages of their adoptions.  I pray that You would help us to overcome discouragement and disappointment.  I pray that You would show us the next steps to take as we keep faithfully trusting in You.  We give You the praise for how You're allowing us to change lives through adoption.  Amen.

4.  What is a tangible way that you've seen God work in your adoption process this week?  "Random" donation checks from people who want to partner with us and our story (we haven't been asking for donation checks because we're not super comfortable doing that), and lots of encouragement from family and friends (even people who I haven't talked to in a while) that came at the perfect time.

God is good!  I praise You, Lord Jesus.  :)

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 1.  Encouraging Scripture.
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." jer 29:11

2.  Prayer requests.
    Waiting is getting harder. I'm finding it so difficult to make plans lately, because of all of the what ifs.

3.  Write out a prayer for the other ladies on The Bump.
    Dear Lord, please help all of the wonderful ladies here to flourish in the midst of whatever part of the adoption journey that they are on.

4.  Answer a GTKY question that is inspirational and uplifting.
    It wasn't this week, but I recently had a lady who is very special to me come out to me as a birth mother. She is someone who will be an integral part of my child's life, and I'm certain that she will help us all to navigate this journey more effectively. I feel in awe of how intricately God weaves people's lives together.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for sharing your requests and praises, ladies!  I pray that you have a great start to your week! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"