Parenting after a Loss
Options

UV shirts for swimming?

STMs, are the UV shirts for swimming really necessary (especially since she'll be wearing sunscreen)? I have a bathing suit for DD, but now I'm feeling like that was a frivolous purchase and I should've bought her a shirt instead.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: UV shirts for swimming?

• Options
    Not sure about girls, but I put sun screen on M & he wears a swim shirt.

*Side note* M is weird about clothes & he has to have pants or shorts on & a shirt at all times. (Execpt in the tub.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    She had both. Either way we did sunblock under the suit or the shirt so it didn't make much difference.
    BFP CP 1/12/11 DD born 10/16/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have boys, so we do the swim shirts. I agree that it depends on where you are and how much time you will be spending in the sun.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS always had swim shirts.  I never thought of it for DD.  I bought a Carter 's swimsuit with terry cloth pullover on clearance last summer.  I might take her to the pool after 4pm when the sun isn't so intense and I use a beach umbrella when we go to the lake.  Next summer I will probably get her a UV shirt with swim shorts.  
    DS born 2009
    BFP#2 ~ 8/2/11, EDD 4/11/12, D&C 9/12/11 at 9w5d
    BFP#3 ~ 4/15/12, EDD 12/21/12 ~ DD born 12/22/12
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies, ladies. I'll probably go ahead and get her one just in case. We plan to go to the pool a lot this summer, and probably during the day.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I find them to be easier. Swim diaper uv sun shirt. That way I don't have to worry about constantly refreshing sunscreen.

Bathing suits are cute for shade and pictures.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"