Working Moms

Does anyone tutor for a company?

I'm just wondering how much they would pay per hour.  I know it depends on the company, but something like Sylvan Learning Ctr, etc.  I am a certified teacher and looking for a very part time summer job... a few hours a week.  Thanks!

Re: Does anyone tutor for a company?

• No, but I'm tutoring in my home this summer for $20/hr, which is on the low end here for tutor pay.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I get 50 an hour to tutor during the summer. That is the going rate around me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • How do you advertise tutoring in your home? I work 35 min. from my home so advertising to those students wouldn't be feasible.  To andrea... is 50/hour private tutoring or for a company?

• Here companies pay 18-30 an hour. I make 100 an hour in home, so average is about a quarter of that. I like about a half hour from school, so in the summer I do the kids back to back in their homes and my mom watches DS. Duri g the school year, I do three separate days after school.
  • We just moved to a neighborhood that's one of those new neighborhoods where all the houses look the same and everyone seems overly friendly. Big Smile  They have a neighborhood facebook page and someone asked about tutoring for their kid.  I offered, and next thing I know word spread that there was a teacher offering to tutor in the neighborhood.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageSMask:
    How do you advertise tutoring in your home? I work 35 min. from my home so advertising to those students wouldn't be feasible. nbsp;To andrea... is 50/hour private tutoring or for a compan

nbsp;

Private tutoring. My guidance counselors give my name out when parents ask. It is mostly word of mouth, but some tutors put ads in local papers.

• Thanks everyone.  I didn't even think about the facebook page for our community.  I'll start there! :)
  • I tutor at kids homes for 20/hr thru a co.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I used to work for Sylvan part time...and as a math and science tutor I made $15/hour, I don't think they pay that much for reading teachers though.

They have summer programs, and typically you can get as many hours as you want through that. I guess depending on the area.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"