February 2012 Moms
Options

Car sickness. Anyone else?

Does anyone else's little one get car sick?  The past two times my daughter was in the car for an hr or so she has gotten sick.  There was vomit all down the front of her when we reached the destination.  Any advice for help with car sickness ? It makes me feel terrible for her.  Not to mention the mess it makes :(.  
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Car sickness. Anyone else?

• Options
    Aria gets car sickness. It's why we turned her ff in February. We'd tried absolutely everything from blocking he windows to Benadryl... Nothing worked.

Since turning her ff, we haven't had one issue with her getting motion sick.

I'd talk to your ped about options. Ours was great about helping us out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • Options
    Thank you for your input :).  I will ask my ped and if nothing else works we will probably try ff also.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can try ginger snacks and sea bands. Also, try not feeding her for a half hour before before your trip. If she's still in an infant seat, a higher profile convertible will probably help too. 
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    imagesunnyday016:
    You can try ginger snacks and sea bands. Also, try not feeding her for a half hour before before your trip. If she's still in an infant seat, a higher profile convertible will probably help too.nbsp;

These are all great ideas to try. We also tried blocking all of her windows so she couldn't see out, playing white noise, playing music, having the inside of the car quiet, showing her a movie, letting her have a mirror, and giving her saltine crackers with ginger ale while driving. No combination of these or anything else we tried [or lack thereof] worked for us. I realize we're an extreme case though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for the other options I can try.  She did eat a snack before leaving... next time I'll wait on feeding her to see if that helps.  
  • Options

imagelancyjo:
    imagesunnyday016:
    You can try ginger snacks and sea bands. Also, try not feeding her for a half hour before before your trip. If she's still in an infant seat, a higher profile convertible will probably help too.nbsp;
    These are all great ideas to try. We also tried blocking all of her windows so she couldn't see out, playing white noise, playing music, having the inside of the car quiet, showing her a movie, letting her have a mirror, and giving her saltine crackers with ginger ale while driving. No combination of these or anything else we tried [or lack thereof] worked for us. I realize we're an extreme case though.

That does sound extreme! If you still did want to try to RF, you could always try again in a few months to see if she's outgrown the sickness. 

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"