Baby Showers
Options

Tell me your favorite...

Give me your favorite baby shower games!

Re: Tell me your favorite...

• Options
    I like trivia games.
    "She's the tied for the third-funniest person on this board!" -S13 Bumpies

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Truthfully I dislike them all. The least awful to me are the ones where you try to remember all the baby items on a tray after only seeing them for a short while.
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My SILs set a timer and the person who gave the present I was opening got a little gift.  She set them for various lengths of time.

My SILs also did a celebrity baby name/parent match which was OK

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagelindslalala:
    Truthfully I dislike them all. The least awful to me are the ones where you try to remember all the baby items on a tray after only seeing them for a short while.

I actually DO like games. We do this game with different groups but when it comes time to write down "what was on the tray" all the questions are about the MTB...what she is wearing:  earrings, how many, lipstick, eye shadown rings, how many, necklace, bracelet, etc.  Obviously the MTB has stepped out of the room.  It is a lot of fun and funny since the guests thinks they needed to remember what was on the tray yet as a hostess we NEVER say that!  You would want to play this game after people have mingled a little and maybe had a chance to talk to the guest of honor.  I guess this is one of my favorite "easy" games because of the twist at the end.  Also, the MTB gets all the items on the tray!

• Options
    not a big game person but something easy like, ''don't say baby or shower'' throughout the afternoon is usually fun.
  • Options
    The game that seemed to get the most laughs at my shower was the Mr. and Mrs. Wright game.
  • Options
    imagemsyoon:
    not a big game person but something easy like, ''don't say baby or shower'' throughout the afternoon is usually fun.

I think I've encountered this game at almost every baby or bridal shower I've been to in recent years. A similar game was played at my shower that I thought was kind of fun. It could be used as a preMTB arrival game.

All of the guests at my shower guessed how many times I would say a few certain words during the shower before I got there. I think the words were baby and gift or something like that. My dad's gf was keeping track of how many times I said those words during the shower. Toward the end of it she awarded the guests with the closest guesses with a prize. The best part was that I didn't know anything about the game so I was freely dropping the words all over the place!

I say this would be a good preMTB arrival game because this and a few other games started before I arrived to the shower. It was a surprise but I found out about it. My husband was in the hospital with pneumonia so I was reluctant to go to the shower that was 45 min. away. I was running late because I had my step kids, LO, and myself to get ready without any help and still suffering from post csection pain. My dad ended up coming to pick me and the kids up to take us to the shower because I couldn't cart around LO in his car seat. So, in the end, because of so many things, I was a bit late to my shower so it was nice that there were some activities to keep the ladies busy while they waited for me to arrive.
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • Options
    imagefoxyroxy:
    I like trivia games.

I hate most of them, but trivia and word jumbled are ok.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"