Cloth Diapering
Options

li'l joeys...is it possible?

So, our little man was born 12 days ago, and we have LOVED the li'l joey's AIO dipes.  They fit perfectly from day one.  My question is: could he have outgrown the absorbency already????? They still fit like a charm, and would for a few more weeks easily, but we get pee leaks every.single.time.

The rest of our dipes are not having leak issues (I, at first, thought that we may have done something wrong in the washing stage).

Thanks in advance! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: li'l joeys...is it possible?

• Options
    I haven't used them, but this is very common for newborn allinones.
  • Options
    I have heard this about the Lil joeys.... I don't have experience though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've heard this too. Can you put a natural fiber insert folded in half in it instead? Doesn't have to go in the pocket if it's bamboo or hemp, you can lay it on top next to the skin.
  • Options
    i will definitely try this...might be bulky because theyre so so small. I will let you know if this works! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    imageMandmeesh:
    i will definitely try this...might be bulky because theyre so so small. I will let you know if this works! :

Alva baby makes a very very thin bamboo 3 layer insert in standard size and newborn!
  • Options
    imageLatham12:
    imageMandmeesh:
    i will definitely try this...might be bulky because theyre so so small. I will let you know if this works! :

Alva baby makes a very very thin bamboo 3 layer insert in standard size and newborn!

Kawaii also has a newborn bamboo insert that's even smaller. The Alva is 12x4.5; the Kawaii is 10x4.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    Yes, lil joeys are the cutest and best fitting for newborn but the absorbency is awful.  My lo outgrew the absorbency at about 1 week.  I couldn't fit an insert in them because they are so small, maybe you'll have better luck. Smile
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had the same issue with the lil joeys. They fit DS, but he peed right out of them. They are my least favorite NB diaper because of this. Even though they fit and are adorable, I hated them! It has to be the absorbency. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This happened with our little one as well, it was so frustrating! We had small hemp wipes that I would line the diaper with and that really helped. HTH

• Options
    How often are you changing LO? It may be that LO needs to be changed sooner in a Lil Joey.
  • Options
    I think I am the only one who didn't have problems with lil joeys.  They fit for quite a long time, maybe 4ish weeks.  And they never leaked.  I just didn't like them much because they took so long to dry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mine were fine til 4 weeks for absorbency, and we used them daytime only for a couple weeks past that. Kissas hemp wipes make good nb doublers. I just used fitteds at night and AIOs in the day once absorbency became an issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"