February 2012 Moms
Options

Baths?

Does anyone else's child not like baths? DS screams through bathtime, and even when he's not screaming, it's like he's just waiting for it to be over. We bathe in a big oval soaking tub. Could it be that it is too big for him? All he wants to do is stand up. I need help!

Re: Baths?

• Options
    Oh yes, that would be my child. It started once he started walking (Around 10.5 months). He cries the second he sees he water. I've asked a million parents about this and I've been told it's just a phase and it will go away. I've tried everything. Showers, getting in the tub with him, special toys, bubbles, bathing in the kitchen sink, etc. We only do bath's twice a week and I just have to hold him down. It sucks but at least he's clean. We are starting swim lessons soon and I'm really hoping this will help.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMar5195:
    Oh yes, that would be my child. It started once he started walking (Around 10.5 months). He cries the second he sees he water. I've asked a million parents about this and I've been told it's just a phase and it will go away. I've tried everything. Showers, getting in the tub with him, special toys, bubbles, bathing in the kitchen sink, etc. We only do bath's twice a week and I just have to hold him down. It sucks but at least he's clean. We are starting swim lessons soon and I'm really hoping this will help.

This!  It is a very well documented phase.  LO will grow out of it, but it sucks while they are in it!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try a clothes hamper. I know it sounds weird, bit those plastic clothes hampers make that big tub seem smaller. Tub toys are also great. And a squirt bottle instead of a cup. That way you can aim towards the back of their head instead of dumping soapy water on their heads..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    we went through this a little while ago....it could be a number of different factors: water temp, size of tub - also how deep it is. what I did was asked DH to get in the tub with DS and after a week or so, we put in new toys for DS and he enjoys bathtime now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"