December 2012 Moms

Which formula is best?

We have been mixing BM with formula since I've been back at work. We have just been using all of the free stuff that I got while pregnant. DS didn't seem to prefer one over the other. Which formula out there is best for baby? I heard on the news the other day that Similac contains GMOs. Any of you ladies use an organic brand of formula? 
photo MeandBubs.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Which formula is best?

• When we switched the doc put us on Gerber Good Start Gentle. He said that the pre broken down whey protein was the easiest on their tummies and was the most like breast milk. Gerber is the only one to have this type of partially broken down protein as their only protein source. Ones like Similac and Enfamil uses a lot of corn syrup solids, sugar, and other protein sources which doesn't make them as easy to digest. We like it a lot. Bonus is that I can get 2 packs of the big tubs at BRU/TRU for 40$.

ETA Organic doesn't make them "the best" when it comes to formula. I'm all for organic, but for formula organic means that it's rated for toddlers. There are some that are not rated for toddlers, but similac organic, babies only, ect are rated for toddlers, not babies. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • i'm not saying it's THE best, but we went with earth's best organic - cheapest on amazon pack of 4. 

Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • imagegakester8:

i'm not saying it's THE best, but we went with earth's best organic - cheapest on amazon pack of 4. 

We switched from Gentlease to Earth's Best Sensitivity. I didn't like that most "gentle" formulas are mostly high fructose corn syrup. We do the 4 packs on Amazon as well - with subscribe and save you can get up to 20% off, which really helps keep that cost down.

Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We use presidents choice organic. It's a generic brand and its rated for 012months. We have had no issues with it.
  • Thanks ladies...I think I am going to try the Gerber first & see how that goes with him. He has been spitting up a lot more since we've introduced formula so hopefully something that is really close to breast milk will work with that! 
    photo MeandBubs.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Every baby is different, so there really isn't a "best" formula out there. We also use Gerber Gentle and love it. DS has reflux and horrible gas pains, and I've seen a significant drop in his reflux spitting since switching from enfamil. I'd keep trying things until you find one you like and can live with.
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"