High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Progesterone???

I've had 4 miscarriages 3 last year alone am now pregnant again at 5 weekd. My dr told me to come in as soon as I found out to check my levels and said my progesterone is a little low and prescribed me 200mg once a day. I've read that a lot of women do not get helped by this and now am frwaking out way more than I was before. And I don't feel my dr is taking me serious but have been with her over a year. What should I do or does anyone know anything about progesterone pills????

Re: Progesterone???

• Options
    I dot think she takes be seriously because she makes her nurses talk to me and has not mention any follow ups or anything.
  • Options
    I had progesterone suppositories and they worked great. I haven't taken the pills but I would assume them being no different. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

After my first miscarriage my OB put me on progesterone when I got pregnant again but I lost that one. When I got pregnant again she again prescribed progesterone and I only took it for a week or two before I decided not to do it (I informed my OB who was supportive). I'm now almost 32 weeks pregnant and baby is doing just fine.

There is a lot of conflicting research about progesterone so you just have to make the best decision you can for you and your baby. I personally decided after the 2nd miscarriage that I would not do progesterone in the future after talking it over with my OB. Just educate yourself, talk to your doctor and make an informed decision that you are comfortable with.

Good luck!

ETA: both times I was on progesterone suppositories. I have no experience with the pills.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    According to the Vatican study the pills are least effective. The supps are the best followed by pio shots.
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"