Cloth Diapering
Options

Prepping NB Stash - FTM Questions

We got our NB rental yesterday (10 BG AIO, 10 Lil Joey AIO, and 10 Simplex AIO) and I'm going to prep them today. I have a few clearly FTM questions:

1. I don't need to do the cold rinse, right, since these are clean? Just wash hot/warm (depending on diaper brand)?

2. Can I wash these all together? It seems like they are made of similar material.

3. The BG are aplix. I know I need to secure the velcro to the "laundry tabs" - that's just the little strip of velcro that is inside the diaper, right?

4. I have one BG in Albert print (black) and the instructions indicate that I need to wash darks separately - six times! It is ridiculous to wash only the single diaper so I'm thinking I could include it with some of the darker greens?

Thanks so much, and apologies for the beginner questions. 

ETA: Realized the answer to one of the originally posed questions... 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Prepping NB Stash - FTM Questions

• Options
    I am debating on going with a newborn rental...was yours local to you?

• Options

imageBunnyfer:
    I am debating on going with a newborn rental...was yours local to you?

No, I ordered from Kissed by the Moon. There are some local options in my area but they don't seem to do AIOs or pockets, which is what we want.

Here are a number of rental options: https://allaboutclothdiapers.com/a-directory-of-newborn-cloth-diaper-rental-programs/

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Nice rental! I think you'll like them.

1. I don't need to do the cold rinse, right, since these are clean? Just wash hot/warm (depending on diaper brand)?

Right. The initial cold rinse is to get rid of some of the pee/poop so they wash better. 

2. Can I wash these all together? It seems like they are made of similar material.

The simplex are cotton but they should all be fine washed together. I'd be more concerned with washing hemp separately. 

3. The BG are aplix. I know I need to secure the velcro to the "laundry tabs" - that's just the little strip of velcro that is inside the diaper, right?

Yes. 

4. I have one BG in Albert print (black) and the instructions indicate that I need to wash darks separately - six times! It is ridiculous to wash only the single diaper so I'm thinking I could include it with some of the darker greens?

I never noticed this rule. The two Alberts I have are fine and I never washed them separately. I didn't even wash my red diapers separately. Everything turned out fine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I agree with DiannaVB answers above!!
    With the black one though, I would probably just hand wash it a few times, then throw it in with everything else. I assume its just like clothes that you don't want the red to bleed into your whites. But once you wash it a couple times it should be good, and if you hand wash it the first few times, you can see how much it bleeds and if it should be washed seperate.
    Best of luck!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback! Down to the laundry room :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"