Babies on the Brain

Hepatitis B shot?

Hi ladies!

I'm currently on TK but hopefully will be moving over to TB in a few months!  I wanted to ask your thoughts on the Hepatitis B shot. Me and my husband to-be will be getting married in August and will be TTC right after. Since my job requires that I take the Hepatitis B shot, I am scheduled to take it next week and this will be my last shot to complete the process. I have heard stories that woman should wait 6 months after the shot before TTC. Have you ladies heard of this as well? I asked my doctor in regards to this and he said it's fine but I just wanted to hear everyone else thoughts on this.

TIA!

Re: Hepatitis B shot?

• If your medically trained doctor said it is fine, listen to him. Try the CDC for information on Hep B vax. Internet strangers and google should be the last places to find medical advice.
  • I'm def. going to listen to my doctor, but I'm just curious if you ladies have heard of waiting 6 months after receiving the shot to TTC. I've spoke with the nurse at my school and a few of my co-workers who said their doctors told them to wait. I think each persons situation is different.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageujocdeelovely:
    I'm def. going to listen to my doctor, but I'm just curious if you ladies have heard of waiting 6 months after receiving the shot to TTC. I've spoke with the nurse at my school and a few of my co-workers who said their doctors told them to wait. I think each persons situation is different.

Here's the CDC fact sheet: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/vis/downloads/vis-hep-b.pdf

I'd listen to your doctor, since the sheet even says pregnant women can get it.  

imageujocdeelovely:
    I'm def. going to listen to my doctor, but I'm just curious if you ladies have heard of waiting 6 months after receiving the shot to TTC. I've spoke with the nurse at my school and a few of my co-workers who said their doctors told them to wait. I think each persons situation is different.

Here's the CDC fact sheet: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/vis/downloads/vis-hep-b.pdf

::stares at ticker:: 

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • imagekellyrn9956:
    imageShayliz:

imageujocdeelovely:

I couldn't tell if "what is sleep" gif was part of your siggy or your hypothesis for my life in 9 months.  

imageShayliz:

imageujocdeelovely:

I couldn't tell if "what is sleep" gif was part of your siggy or your hypothesis for my life in 9 months.  

It's my siggy. AND your life in 9 months.  Holy shiz. 

Edited siggy so it is more clear.  

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills